Diesel Tech Question

KKtrips

I keep forgetting to quiz the diesel team on this. 

Diesel turbo - 2 out of 3 times when pulling away from a fully stationary in 1st or 2nd I get like a tiny stumble surge. Almost imperceptible but my mechanical rage feels it.

Once I am moving along and driving it is fine until the next set of lights/intersection.

Is it possible that the aneroid valve could be sticky and what I'm feeling is the fuel rack moving suddenly? 

Is that wagon of yours fancy computer controlled spec or rotary pump style?

I plugged a VCDS scanner into the Skoda and disabled the EGR for exactly this reason.

She's a mechanical pump. I checked it out tonight but could not see the EGR valve so I suspect it's a wait till I jack it up and look from underneath jobby. Motherfucker was way too hot to fondle around looking for it by feel.

Thanks chaps, I think if I do buy it, I'll just chuck it into the fuel over a couple of top ups.

I am not so sure on putting additives that are thinner than oil into oil and then not draining them soon after.

Definitely agree with not chucking it down the throat of a running diesel.

I think you would hear the sound of my hand slapping my face from another country when it all went wrong.

I think if I was to be using it with the intent of getting better mileage it would have to be pretty substantial improvement. It costs $30 and that is 20 odd litres of diesel.

So I would need to see 300 more better mileage per bottle of seafoam - not sure how fast I would go through a bottle before needing to buy another.

My sole intent would be to clear out the carbon from the inlet and lube up the pump and injectors.

Get the Threebond super engine conditioner spray for blasting in the manifold. Cleans carbon off bloody amazingly. Use it outside coz car will chuck a lot of smelly smoke for a few minutes

Also Agree - another customer swears by this stuff for manifolds etc ie GDI, and i sell them 3 cans a month lol (just for your actual experience needs :) )