JRs MK2 Capri

JR

Do you know of any MK2/3 Capris around for parts? Thinking old skool autos might have a few cuts? Failing that the fab for the rad mounts doesn't overly difficult, start by making some cardboard templates of what you are aiming for then go get them folded up at your local metal fab shop. Failing that see if someone here can do the job for you or go to a panelbeater. Be less than a days work I'd say...

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, HumberSS said:

Do you know of any MK2/3 Capris around for parts? Thinking old skool autos might have a few cuts? Failing that the fab for the rad mounts doesn't overly difficult, start by making some cardboard templates of what you are aiming for then go get them folded up at your local metal fab shop. Failing that see if someone here can do the job for you or go to a panelbeater. Be less than a days work I'd say...

Cheers man, a cut would be great. Where is old skool auto, I couldn't find them on Google. 

Cheers for the help.

• 1 month later...

Cheers, yeah I think I'll give that a go. Yeah when I saw how flogged out it was I thought it could be a real mission to sort. But I've looked into it and it's actually just a bushing that's fucked. The bushing has an outer steel holder. So the plastic part is gone and it's also then flogged out the outer steel holder, which comes out and is replaceable. There is an outfit (Cube) that sells a different design, it does away with the plastic so its solid steel. I'm assuming it's quite common issue then.

image.png.0e3d07845930d6df0e6e92af08c334d2.png

• Like 1

i have a cube shifter on my w50 in the corona. it has a nylon (i think) bush. apparently they can transmit more transmission noise into the cabin, though i never found that. im assuming those with that issue have the above steel bush. 

on a related note. the cube shifter is awesome. looks like theve gone up in price, but i paid about $250 and am very happy. 

• Like 1

20231113-173836.jpg

My aliexpress knock off short shifter just arrived today. So far I'm happy with it. Seems well made. The best part is the price $38 plus shipping.

I will buy the cube steel bush though. 

I'm trying to find a housing and shifter shaft part for a rear position shifter like this.

Screenshot-20231113-193816-Facebook.jpg

If anyone wants to swap, or is selling one hit me up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

the absolutely worst pile of shit clutch kit ive ever had the misfortune of having to deal with was from dellow.

i wouldn't use anything from dellow even if you had my nuts in a vice.

i would be checking EVERY detail if it came from those cowboys.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Like 4

Don't hold back, tell me what you really think haha.

Ok, yeah that really sucks as the clutch kit they supplied wasn't exactly cheap. I'm looking into using the clutch plate they supplied that fits the gearbox with the ford pressure plate... 

Wish me luck.

I've had the same issues buying things from companies in Straya.

It's a pain.

Personally I'd be finding a stock replacement Toyota clutch kit, or even just the cover that was the right diameter for the flywheel, then get the flywheel redrilled to suit that kit.

I suspect something for a HiAce or similar would fit the bill.

Failing that, could you get the cover set up dead center, drill and tap the incorrect dowel holes so you have a 6 bolt cover and have 3 new dowel holes drilled.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, governorsam said:

https://www.steelpanels.co.uk/category/ford/capri-mk-1/engine/page/2/

these guys do a lot of parts for capris.

palmside in Christchurch are the nz agents I think

Cheers dude.

I bought one of these guys panels through palmside a while ago (battery tray). Unfortunately Palmside don't stock the radiator panels. I did look into buying the radiator panel direct from steelpanels.co.uk but it's over 1k nzd and a 3 month wait list. 

Does anyone know of a front cut? Or a wrecking Capri?

13 hours ago, JR said:

Cheers dude.

I bought one of these guys panels through palmside a while ago (battery tray). Unfortunately Palmside don't stock the radiator panels. I did look into buying the radiator panel direct from steelpanels.co.uk but it's over 1k nzd and a 3 month wait list. 

Does anyone know of a front cut? Or a wrecking Capri?

this bloke did the front guard on my Capri about a year ago.

top quality work, located in governors bay.

is building a widebody capri  in steel.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/ford/exterior/listing/4480729481

gallery carousel 6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1