Jason’s Bush Block and Self Sustainability Ramblings - Non-retaining retaining wall

j.e.d.

1 hour ago, j.e.d. said:

thanks again man.. yea I'm not that keen/confident to go blowing air into the tank.. I think I'll let water do the job

It'll happen pretty slowly given the volume supplied by a small air compressor, and it's not like you'd dial up some air pressure and head off for lunch..i spent a few years pressurising aircraft fuel tanks and fuselages without getting on the news..

It might even start to take shape on a hot day in the sun if it's all sealed up..

• Thanks 1

Water is roughly 0.5psi/foot of depth, if you ran a compressed air line to the tank on a warm day, an outlet into a suitable column of water will give you a very accurate pressure.
A rubber glove taped over a pipe also makes a suitable low pressure relief valve just don't ask for ASME certification.

In all seriousness, large pressurised volumes are why certain regulations exist, tread carefully (or go full Wile E Coyote)

• Like 4

I had a similar issue when I installed my 30,000l tank, the digger operator dropped a load of sand on the top thinking it would fall off and fill in the hole it was sitting in. Instead it collapsed the top....

I got in there with a 6x6 post and a scissor jack and slowly wound the jack up in a couple spots and it pressed out sweet, after a few hot days any sign of any crease etc is fully gone.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Indeed.. going for the stately look, so an old jag or rolls would look right at home.. its funny you say that though, I was just perusing through Range Rover Vogue's during my lunch break for some strange reason.. damn expensive luxury though.

These birch trees apparently have the whitest bark of them all, so I'm looking forward to seeing the results in the following years as I plan to be here for quite a while (maybe even long enough time to own an old British car for once in my life).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

We had the bloody JWs drive all the way up or driveway the other day, park in the yard and come up to try and convert us. They got told where to go very promptly.

I need to build a gate. 

Crikey. I think if they're determined enough a gate won't stop them.. especially if it's not locked.

No closed gate, but I had a nice elderly couple hovering around the front of my place in Tuakau a few weekends ago as I was taking stuff back & forth to my ute, then the husband finally committed & headed thru the gate looking full of promise. Barely got good morning out of his mouth before I cut him off and said "now is NOT the time"

For my new place I have a solar powered automatic gate opener about to be installed.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...