Hoods 1994 x/c Hilux "RDGR8R"

hood

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Upon a previous visit to see Matt I was pleasantly surprised to see my factory floor in the scrap pile, as you'll note the tunnel was removed, but it just wasn't going to work, so the decision was made to go with a full scratch built floor, front and rear firewalls.

It didn't exactly pan out to this extent, but I have the confidence in Matt to build my dream, and he knew I would appreciate his vision so I'm glad he made the call. I'm now committed to go all out on this thing and to see it through 

Screenshot_20230912-195116_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Here's some further photos to update this thread.

Cando tube upper and lower control arms. These are produced in the US and were sourced over in Aus. A mate was kind enough to bring them over on a flight

Also a tilton pedal box was sourced. I intend to have the reservoirs fitted in the guts of a later model Hilux dash (98-04) So one of those was sourced including the dash crossmember 

20231023_065813.png

20231023_070248.jpg

20231023_070210.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2023 at 11:51, GARDRB said:

Fuck yeah, 3uz is the way to go these days. Wiring is pretty easy, ECU can be tuned and you can pick up a LS430 or Celsior for fuck all.

Yip, you're onto it.

The car was $1500 off marketplace, it was parted out and I made my money back, kept the motor essentials and ended up with a little extra coin in the kitty

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

"The front TinTricksMfg bracketry kits for '85-'00 2wd Hilux hubs consist of...
▪︎2x billet 6061-t6 anodized alloy hats
▪︎2x billet p20 zinc plated steel brackets
▪︎complete zinc plated fastener pack to suit

-The billet 6061-t6 hats are a hubcentric, bolt on adaptor that mount to the back side of hub the same as the oem rotor would. The rotor is also located centrally to the hat by the lip machined in on back side. 8x 5/16" fasteners attach the rotor to the hat. The hats are anodized for corrosion protection.

-The billet p20 steel caliper brackets adapt the aftermarket caliper to the oem spindle caliper mounts. Ease of fitment & fastener/tool access has been kept in mind with bracket design.  The brackets are zinc plated for corrosion protection. 

-Fasteners used are suited to a high-heat environment. Grade 12.9 cap screws zinc plated and post heat-treated. Hardened flat washers with Nordlock & Schnorr locking washers plus zinc plated cone-lock nuts.

These kits are built to comply with New Zealands LVV Braking & Attachment Systems Certification standards and discussions with our local certifier were had throughout the design process. They are 100% bolt on with the oem hubs, and are made to work with oem or drop-spindles. (Minor variations may apply between spindles/castings)

>>Note: kits suit 17" wheels upwards. I will confirm caliper clearance via private message.

ALL PRICING IS IN NEW ZEALAND DOLLARS AND INCLUDES GST.

OPTION 1
>>Hat, Bracket & fastener kit only (both sides)

$1300.00 with natural/clear anodized hats
$1335.00 with black/colour anodized hats
(Minimum run of 10 hats needed for bulk anodizing prices otherwise a one-off charge applies)

OPTION 2:
>>Complete kit with Rotors, Calipers, Brackets & fasteners. (excludes brake pads)(both sides)

$3085.00 with natural/clear anodized hats
$3120.00 with black/colour anodized hats
(Minimum run of 10 hats needed for bulk anodizing prices otherwise a one-off charge applies)

-Rotors are Wilwood 13.06"x1.374" (331x34mm) Gt48 curved vane slotted & vented. P/n: 160-3584c (Right) & 160-3585c (Left)

-Calipers are Wilwood 4-piston Superlite forged type. 1.75"x1.10". P/n: 120-11135

(Note: extras you will need to buy are brake pads with a compound to suit your requirement, plus brake hoses/fittings.)

* Copied over from Matt's business page

• Like 4