Hoods 1977 Lilliput Gazelle

hood

Sweet! 

My grandad has had one for a long time, I think he's in that book. He used to tow it with a Porsche 924  

It's looking a bit sad these days, it's been sitting for a few years now  

I remember a yarn pop told me about the Lilliput being quite short, so that it would fit in the shed they were built in? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/09/2022 at 19:55, cletus said:

Sweet! 

My grandad has had one for a long time, I think he's in that book. He used to tow it with a Porsche 924  

It's looking a bit sad these days, it's been sitting for a few years now  

I remember a yarn pop told me about the Lilliput being quite short, so that it would fit in the shed they were built in? 

Cheers Clint!

I'm currently reading the book and may recall seeing your pops 924 in there, I'll try dig up a pic.

Yeah that's a true tale, they are super nimble all round. Where they were constructed all phases of the build were carried under the one roof

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 20:26, Classicmad said:

Great stuff, this is our 1965 Lilliput, early one that is alloy over ply.

They are great vans, hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.

ECCC598A-9025-4BC4-A4D4-A4B25D73BBE9.jpeg

How good!

We sure are enjoying it, I'm rather smittend by the wee thing. It's like another vehicle in the fleet to toy with haha

I would imagine you're a member of the Lilliput club?

On 12/10/2022 at 10:14, oldrx7 said:

My father in law is desperate for one these caravans.  Loves them, he's got a dream of towing a gazelle caravan with his singer gazelle wagon

They occasionally pop up for sale, either on trademe and often in the clubs newsletter.

That would be pretty neat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The recent SI trip was the last straw that broke the camel's back for the factory jockey wheel set up, so I have swapped it out with a folding unit from TWL, it does the trick and later I'll jazz it up and try and make the wheel period looking to match the Van's wheel/tyre combo.

I made up a backing plate for the Ubolt attachment, it's a bit rough but at the time didn't have the tooling to mount it by drilling into the draw bar....I have a new draw bar in the pipeline for this year (yeah its fugly/haggard af I know)

I still drag this thing out of my driveway and it makes the Mrs gringe after I had the tow wagon subtly lowered but I'm cool with it.

20230102_085346.jpg

20230102_085400.jpg

• Like 1

Last December 2022 we were invited to a club members place for a Lilliput xmas do. It was fun, super chill and we met some new faces in the process 

We had 4 Gazelles set up on the lawn, all with the trimmings!

IMG-20221204-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20221204-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20221204-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20221204-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20221204-WA0018.jpg

• Like 8