UJ's '94 Atlas - the fastest project build on OS

Unclejake

WRT dibs: Most everything ferrous here gets fucked in a few years, and there's lots of money here (sadly not mine) so older vehicles aren't greatly valued

WRT WoF/Rego/RUCs etc: Government, rental and major contractors (like Fulton Hogan) keep their vehicles legal. No one else much bothers. Police are more interested in stopping drink driving, encouraging seatbelts and dealing with violence than they are chasing down guys with blown headlights or bald tyres. Unfortunately there's a thief here at the moment so they'll be trying to catch him/her too. I may even start locking my ute.... 

My truck needs a bio-security check before it gets released from the port. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. They'll look for things like ants and perhaps bumble bees. Evidently there aren't any bumble bees here (although a few loners have been spotted from time to time).

When I was there no one locked anything. My mates mate was drunk and on cardboard. He took someone's car. He got caught. And he got the third degree from everybody. (Not sure if he was the first arrest of the new millenia, or if it was my mates uncle for being drunk in charge of a horse. (I only heard about it days later cos I'd pushed the boat out pretty far myself) 

My mate told me people will drive their cas to the car dump and leave them there. Keys in the ignition, and still with the battery in. Some good scavenging by the sound. But when shits fucked, it's FUCKED.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...