Sony Stereo fault

bathcollector

Who is the stereo whizz on here ? Back in 1984 I bought a Sony FH-7MKII home stereo. I couldn't afford the CD player at the time and I recently bought one off ebay. It is the correct model (CDP-7F) to go with my unit. The seller said it worked fine for him. I can't get it to go any less than full volume, zero to hero with some crackling. It has the switch on the back for 110-120 volts vs 220-240 volts, I have it on 220-240. Could the switch be not converting it to our rating or maybe something else crook. The stereo works fine on tuner/cassette and turntable volume wise so I have ruled out the stereo itself at fault. Any ideas ?? Thanks. Gary.

I cant help you much, but i can tell you that if you switch it to 110v, or it isnt "converting to our rating" it would simply go pop and let the magic smoke out. Dont do that :P

Could it be going into the wrong input on the stereo? Sometimes additional units like CD players were a line out, so werent volume controlled and had to have the volume controlled by the device that the sound was being processed through (an Amp usually).

BTW a quick google, and thats a damn cool retro system.

• Like 1