Sign in to follow this  
BLIZZO

Blizzo's scoot hoard and projects of win

couply hours in the shed and the GP looks like a bike again, should be doing ring dings again later tonight if i can get an hour or two in the shed once the kids are in bed. Tight timeline for DGR but gunna make it!

i9uGEYy.jpg

• Like 9

I had sunscreen leak onto a dewalt battery and the same thing happened- the battery case builds stress and becomes brittle then fails all over.  Mine looked like it been run over by a 

Cool project man! Cant walt to see it in the final color scheme

so in true blizzshop fashion i got sidetracked with another project before the Africa Twin was finished. With the Brass Monkey being postponed until next year i lost a bit of motivation to finish the twin, and with East cape not too far around the corner again i thought i better hurry up and build a bike for it.

I had purchased an old Xl100 to build up a while ago, plan was to throw an XR200r engine and a Cg125 tank on it and send it.

xi1X7ir.jpg

Delving further into the XL frame tho, there was some nasty as shit repairs, it was a bit bent and the swing arm was wonky, and it wasnt going to fit the XR200 engine that well, so i shit canned that idea

jtauRZL.jpg

xxVuW1Y.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

When looking for an XR200 engine this CT185 popped up on here. grabbed it for the engine which was supposed to be an XR200 but was actually a lame mishmash of Xl185/ATC200 parts with boring cam and compression so that went under the bench, but thought i might try work with the frame, which was worked out alright, just needs a new rear section.

zWrzMfL.jpg

Rear hoop and stays got hacked off, new one getting made this weekend.

nVdR83i.jpg

to make the front end work with the CG tank without smashing the shit out of it / having no lock i needed so offset triples. after oodles of searching what would fit nicely i found some 80's CB125T triples, snapped them up and whacked them on and was golden. good lock and no knock.

lSFMn6s.jpg

You can see here i have whacked some classy golden boys on as well. 3.5-19" front and 4.0-19" rear. front only just fits, but ive got a bit of a plan here to get some more clearance and will run incise dust caps.

ECz9c0m.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1