injector style confusions

BlownCorona

Hi all. 

So this morning i wiped of my inlet manifold and fuel rail with the intention of quickly swapping the old 210cc injectors from my Toyota 18RGEU for the brand new 440cc injectors i had (i cant remember the exact numbers), in order to support the supercharger thats being installed. 

i was under the impression that the old injectors were EV1 and the new ones were EV6 which were going to be interchangable. but however the are have difference in orings and lengths. 

pwdbcs4v.pil.jpg

can anyone school me on what i need? 

Just now, downtrail said:

for the bottoms we usually go get replacement o rings that will work with your manifold / injector. usually involves going to a seal shop with both parts and working it out there.

the tops will need the same treatment if thats the usual course of action. the electrical plug fits perfectly however.

have done the same for the tops but don't like it as you end up needing 2 of these really small o rings that barley go into the rail it ends up relying on you pulling the rail down tight enough on the injectors to hold them in place but thats not how they should be seated. Better of with the 14mm - 11mm adaptors or re drilling and reaming your rail if there is enough meat to do so. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jakesae101 said:

there are 440cc evo injectors as well as 510cc

Evo's never had the 440cc injectors - they were either yellow top 510cc injectors on the Evo 1-4 or salmon top 560cc injectors for the Evo 5+. The non-Evolution Galant VR-4s have blue top 450cc and the Evo VR-4 uses yellow top 510cc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Also do you have a build thread for this? Supercharging is the only path to true righteousness. Toyota blower I assume? 

yep toyota blower. 

g3ulfbj3.sx5.jpg

GTR injectors might be good! a mate just upgraded to 1000ccs and probably still has his. can anyone confirm if they are the same style? unfortunately hes just shipped off to basic training a few days ago....

Alas I would have to wait 3 months to get those gtr injectors, 

Does anyone have anything suitable? Could also trade the ev6 Bosch 440cc brand new in box green injectors I have? 

Otherwise I'll just stick them up for sale and hunt out something suitable

• 2 weeks later...