Fuel tank cleaner/treatment

chris r

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anywhere in the tank some crud could have been tucked during the whole process? I'd probably give it a really good clean out again, check the condition of the surface and if it looks fine, try it with fuel again. The surface of the metal looks fine from my seat, but up close and personal it might be a different story. Best guess for what material that stuff is?

2 hours ago, ajg193 said:

I think that is some of the problem. I'll bung the camera in and check out that area again. The coating does look pretty thin on the bottom of the tank so who knows.

4 hours ago, Bling said:

Is there anywhere in the tank some crud could have been tucked during the whole process? I'd probably give it a really good clean out again, check the condition of the surface and if it looks fine, try it with fuel again. The surface of the metal looks fine from my seat, but up close and personal it might be a different story. Best guess for what material that stuff is?

not really, prior to the por-15  I had been fucking around with the electrolysis and it has many many rinses cleans before the por stuff went in. Unless I couldn't get the metal ready to every surface due to the baffles etc