Oldschool.co.ng Deep South Meat V2 - Cromwell Classic Car Show, Jan 21 2017

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

Yeah mate, loads of room for a trailer. Any chance you could bring a car door down from Chch with you? Seeing as you have a trailer and stuff?

Only minor detail is I'm back in Ashburton and won't be up in Christchurch until the 28th. If you can get it Ashburton or even Rikaia I'm happy to bring it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toddy415 said:

What about igor I think we need some more ea falcon goodness

Was seriously considering it. But I have a shortage of money and too many things I need to do before school camp in two weeks time. My boss is going and before Christmas we in the office here talked about me driving one of his cars up but we were all pretty full at the time so that isn't happening either.

SOME INFO FOR THOSE ATTENDING...

Friday
Jonny (kiwi808) and i will be in Cromwell for the afternoon, attending the cruise in the evening. pre-registration for saturday starts from 5, and the cruise leaves at 6:30/7pm. shandies and lodging are available at jonny's place, come round for a sharn and a snag.

Saturday
the show runs from 11-3pm, with prize giving to follow. for those out of towners or anyone coming on the saturday, if you want to cruise with us meet at Mitre 10 mega at 8:45 in the am. Jonny has liaised with the Vintage Car Club and we will be perusing their clubrooms and parts shed from around 10am, we will confirm this on the day.

Sunday
we would like to organise a wee cruise around Central Otago for those willing to burn a few more litres of oil. this is something to discuss during the weekend.

but yeah, make sure Shazza irons your Mark Skaife polo, and leave plenty of space in the boot for Morris Marina Haynes manuals, this weekend will be a ripper!

• Like 2

Got wiring tidied up, fixed fuel line/leak, done oil change and installed spin on filter adapter to get rid of canister filter, hopefuly i fixed water leaks will see tomorrow when i fill it up with coolant.

I will try get some new rocker cover gaskets tomorrow as ones leaking real bad. I also need to change alternator belts as this ones to long. Then double check timing before we leave on sat 

• Like 1

Car is loaded up and mostly clean. I've got the better part of 8 hours driving ahead of me. Jonny I'll flick my a pm with my number, what's your address?  And for anyone who breaks down I have duct tape, zip ties and a tool kit in my car so shouldn't be able to fix most problems. 

• Like 2

I'm probably a bit late to the party then. Only just unpacked down here. Keen to try catch up at some stage, Sunday might be easiest? Will pm you my cell if that's cool, in case deets aren't updated in here as to going onwas looking to detour through Wanaka if things were heading that way.