Sunbeam's 1970 Singer Vogue Discussion

Sunbeam

Driving it home I put more miles on it than it's travelled in the last 2 years! She's only done 89,000 since new. To do list as follows:

Shocks rooted. Handles like a wet eel.

Do tappets, she's a bit rattly.

Slightly noisy diff to investigate.

Appreciate the mintness..

Might need a radiator service.

Drive it (barely 1000 miles in the last 5 years!)

Wait for stuff to crap out.

Repair

Continue driving.

I'm after some inspiration for wheels and steering wheel upgrade. Interested in period look 13 or 14 inch wheels, and 3 spoke steering wheel- alloy spokes, leather rim, etc. It seems after an hour of internetting, it's hard to find a boss kit for the mighty Hunter family. Any peeps in the know, I would value your input.

I'm after some inspiration for wheels and steering wheel upgrade. Interested in period look 13 or 14 inch wheels, and 3 spoke steering wheel- alloy spokes, leather rim, etc. It seems after an hour of internetting, it's hard to find a boss kit for the mighty Hunter family. Any peeps in the know, I would value your input.

Same 4x108 stud pattern as small Fords, plenty of TradeMe options there. :thumbleft:

Boss kits available from the UK http://britishclassicspareparts.com.au/british-parts/boss-kits/boss-kit-hillman-hunter-avenger-mountney-steering-wheel

or from Australia (claims to be same as Valiant VF-CM) http://www.topspeedautoparts.com.au/product/boss-kit-saas-valiant-steering-wheel-adapter

I like them seats with the funky diagonal pattern. Is that standard?

Not sure. It matches the door cards. To my knowledge the only things done to this car in the last 20 years is a quick respray about 15 years ago and re-lacquered dash panel, and new carpet which looks non original but quite good.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the whole family for a drive yesterday. The kids just LOVE that it has no seatbelts in the back. It doesn't excite me much though. When I was a kid I used to roll around in the back of the Avenger with no belts and we thought nothing of it. It's a bit different when you have your own kids and the roads are filled with morons though. I don't think this one has factory mounting points either, so I had a yarn with best WOF man number 1 and it seems there is only one seatbelt certifier in New Plymouth. He thinks I won't get any change out of $1k for the cert plus the cost of the belts. Anyone out there been through this?