Old car wheel PCD's ...

johnny.race

I am not up to play with the wheelstud pattern (patterns?) used on the rx7 series of Mazda motor cars. What are they, was there more than one pattern employed and what do dudes do in terms of keeping them the standard PCD. I mean does the majority change them for another pattern ... keep them - what? Big question i know but I have never owned one and none of my mates own these sorta cars. I am talking about the early ones. the rx2, 3 and 4 sorta ones. Ta for any info. 

And while i am on it ... whats the general rule of thumb for the late 70's - early 80's RWD Toyota's in terms of wheel PCD. Were they all the same as a general rule or were there abnormalities within the species (lol) also. I know there are big arsed lists available but i am after a general rule of thumb. Cheers.  

s1 and s2 are 4x110
s3 are 4x114

most likely had a strut and diff swap because the s3 has near a fwd offset.
much easier to find s1 &s2 diff etc compared to a s3 setup

ke20 is 4x110 as s
well where as ke30 onwards is 4x114.

Most will stay with the 4x110 pattern because it can be quite hard to change, down side is that 4x110 wheels fetch good dollars compared to the more common 4x114 pattern because of it.

• Like 1

12" Starlet wheels also fit BMC ADO16s. BG Laser/323 are the same stud pattern as EN Civic. The Civic rims won't fit over the disc brakes on the front of the Laser but are okay over the drums on the back. Laser rims don't fit properly on the Civic cos the hole in the middle is too small but they are okay for moving cars around in the yard. I don't have any actual numbers cos I've never measured them.