mint16's Masport/Ironhorse mower

mint16

After meeting a local small engine fiend earlier in the year, I started dreaming again of owning a two-stroke lawnmower.

I was lucky enough with the help of Richie (Snoozin), Chris_R and Neal (threeonthetree) to get this down from the North Shore to OSNATS 16:

ohn4zj5s.2eo.jpg

I fell hard for her looks.
On the trademe auction, it was stated as having possible carb issues, and on the last night of nats Chris and Neal were ever so eager to fire her up.
She runs, but only momentarily.
So during Easter weekend, I pulled the carb off for a looksie and clean. No issues found with the carb.

xwjl0cll.3xw.jpg
ohxe5dnt.2mf.jpg
0w2dndev.x3e.jpg

However, the two stage throttle control isnt functioning from its linkages, so next step is to remove the flywheel and explore why.
  • Like 6

Geezz - my first race Kart was a midget with an iron horse - when we raced them you used to have issues with those flappy "reed" valves? (i was 9 at the time). This made them run shitty or not at all.

Great find thou -  loving the asymmetric wheel placement. 

Check it out even a vintage kids class now lol

try running it with the cap off the tank- something in the deep recesses of my mind says that they were meant to have a hole in the gas cap to let air in the tank as the fuel level drops?

Yeah it has the wrong cap, but the cap does have a vent hole so that shouldnt be an issue  :wink: