Quite external fuel pump for carbs

NickTheFox

Hey guys,

I was wondering what pump anyone recommends for running carbs. Currently I have a facet style pump going through a Holley regulator then to some dellortos.

The current pump is noisy as hell so I'm looking to replace it. I was thinking of getting this http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/fuel-system/fuel-pumps/carter/carter-4070-72gph-6psi-fuel-pump.html as its low pressure an apparently pretty quite. Anyone had one before?

Churr,

Nick

^^^   what the bug said. I currently have a fasit also. People freak out she. They 1st hear it. 

But it's solid mounted to the strut tower.  Have a look at the picture of the Carter pump, rubber mounted bracket , then a rubber mounted pump,  I would be playing with making a mounting bracket out of angle iron and using rubber grommets for the isolating mounts and seeing if it makes any difference be for I spend 150 hard earned beer tickets. 

they say for things like webers that the carter rotary pump is the best as it doesnt need a regulator / holley regulators are only that good to use if you run the return line (apparently, just what i have read in my research).

Although ask sparkle what his new facet pump he has on the BMW is, it wasnt cheap but fuck me sideways is it quiet, like literally cant even hear it quiet. Its just mounted on a couple of 5mm rubber washers.

• Like 1

they say for things like webers that the carter rotary pump is the best as it doesnt need a regulator / holley regulators are only that good to use if you run the return line (apparently, just what i have read in my research).

Although ask sparkle what his new facet pump he has on the BMW is, it wasnt cheap but fuck me sideways is it quiet, like literally cant even hear it quiet. Its just mounted on a couple of 5mm rubber washers.

blurb says the Carter is 6psi.........would still need to be trimmed back to increase performance.

i run a Facet red (4-7psi) pump with regulater set at 3.5psi.

bracket_cotton_reel.png2x m6 cotton-reels for mounting will quieten it .

Current pump is mounted on the floor pan with riv nuts. It has a 5mm piece of rubber in between the pump and floor pan.

I guess it's not really isolated though.

I have a Holley regulator atm so I can still use that to drop the pressure of the pump. It's a non return style though but it seems to work fairly well.

The rubber won't be doing jack except acting as a spacer for your riv nuts :( so yeah, not really isolated :(
If you can have some rubber without the fixings going through you'll be in a better space :D
Needs to be able to move independently.
Lets save you some pingas!

From my past experience:

Fuel pump mounted as close to the tank/swirlpot as possible(preferably under, not in the car)

Isolator mounts with no steel on steel - it will vibrate

Run a return line with the pressure regulator in it  - pump runs relatively smoothly and doesn't build up pressure and get rowdier at idle. (Idle = typically the time you will hear it the most)

• Like 1

Unsure if its the most quiet BUT I bought a Holley Red pump for mine. It seemed expensive until reading reviews of other similar pumps (none seemed as reliable as the Holley), it has inbuilt regulator (cost saving) and its easy to get repair parts for it.

I put it at the very rear of the ute under the tray and mounted to the chassis. I figure it might not be as noisy there as mounted to thinner pannels.

• 3 weeks later...

i run 4 crabs on one of these sorts of things, nice and quiet. are they adequate for your dellortos? shouldnt need a reg if so.

ECCO_15LM12_4c3d359ae5a23.jpg

What application? 1.5L/min is only 24 gph - doesnt seem like much compared to Holleys/Carters which are usually around 70-100 gph