Recommendations for rust repairs - Wellington

I need some rust done on the van, so looking for recommendations in the Wellington area for places to go?

The one I used a mother time in jville is booked out for a few months. I know cheap + good dont come in the same sentance, but Im definitly looking at the cheaper end of the scale and not interested in getting it painted properly etc.

Cheers

It's up inside the bottom of the back panel/rear bar where it ties in with the main chassis rails. Has been flagged as structural so needs sign off.

Will be pretty finicky/shit place to work in but essentialy its just cut and replace. two main areas about 100x100 would need replacing at a guess, with some folding/shaping of the replacement pieces 

Only issue with getting one of the boes to do a cashy is I need it ticked off properly for wof.....(unless I just go somewehere esle and hope VTNZ dont log their shit properly). I will keep him in mind tho

I have used Just Rust, would rate them 6/10

The A pillar repair they did was good and paint matched well but they cut corners on the floor pan, they only repaired one hole then covered the whole lot in some kind of underseal type shit (after I specifically told them not to paint it cos I was going to). So after removing all the crap they had sprayed on I found all the holes I told them to fix were still there. I took it back and they fixed it properly.

• Like 1

Only issue with getting one of the boes to do a cashy is I need it ticked off properly for wof.....(unless I just go somewehere esle and hope VTNZ dont log their shit properly). I will keep him in mind tho

I'm fairly certain you (or anyone) can sign the sheet yourself and they dont mind as long as the jobs done well enough

• Like 1

Just for record I have previously done my own rust repairs after being pulled up on WOF at VTNZ (outrigger on Cortina). They were happy for me to do the repair as long as I left it exposed so they could see the work prior to passing the recheck.

That was 3 years ago, things may have changed.

Gaz