Anchor Nut plates - where to get

Lump

Does anyone know where I can get these in NZ - I'm looking to use one of these as a captive nut for my transmission mount at the edge of the trans tunnel it currently just held by a free nut which is a bit of a pain when I have to undo it (I don't have the equipment to weld the existing nut in - its also under carpet with a lot of horsehair type sound deadening material which looks very flammable)

ubm3kv2e.p0l.jpg

• Like 1

We sell similar kind of things for seatbelt anchor points at work, there are various sizes and configurations. Mostly commonly sold plate is I think 80x40 with a single nut welded in the centre

Ah that must be whats holding the other side on (I've done an engine/trans swap on it - XJ40 engine and trans into a series 1 XJ6 - the transmission mount has four mounting points - two of which match the original factory points - so two new mount holes had to be drilled - I got the engine and trans out of a series 2 which had had the same engine swap although the later models only need one new transmission mount hole drilled and that had a plate which sounds like what you're describing used to attach it)

So it sounds like a rivnut isn't a go, I'll try drilling and tapping a piece of flatbar as TIm13 suggested or getting one of these anchor points and amending it to work.

Cheers Guys,