Mitsubishi Starion Spring Alternatives (Needs more low!)

Goat

Hi Hi,

Am doing a secret revamp of my flatmates Starion while he is away.

What is the best way to install some low?

Not after anything that will need to be certed, so no coilovers or super slam. Wanna keep it above 100mm (never thought i'd say that!)

Any of you Starion fiends know of any other vehicles springs i could use that will close up the guard gaps? Or has anyone had dealing with propper starion lowering springs?

Cheers

• Like 2

Oh rad,

Chur for spring link. But i'm more after a pick a part swap out.

Got enough of my own money leeching shit heaps to pour my paycheck into. Hah. Dont want to be spending lots on a car thats not even mine, and that will most likely sit in the shed for another 2.5 years before it sees the light of day again. Not to mention getting money out of him for car mods will need a project thread itself. And i can't ask him as he will know i'm mucking around with it...

Gotta pick him up from New Plymouth in a couple of weeks. Would blow is face clean off if i turned up in his Starion. Legit and Low!.

I Would just cut standard springs. But he may not talk to me again if i did an irreversible mod... hah.

Anyone got some stock Starion springs?

• Like 1

Mine has some kind of aftermarket lowering springs, no idea where from. I can't off the top of my head think of any others that would fit, They are such weird bloody cars.../useless post

Shout out if you need any other bits, I have quite a bit of Starion crap in my garage, was hoping to have mine on the road again by now but keep hitting roadblocks...

• Like 1

I have some factory springs (and struts). Basically nothing off the shelf for Starions apart from King low springs (which don't lower it much), or some obscure Jap brand springs you may find overseas. Only real options for max slam are pull the springs out and go Pick a Part shopping, get the original ones compressed or just cut the springs haha.

Id try to ring Marcus at SAS Manukau, ask him what could be an option in terms of diameter and height and spring rate then go to pickys and get cheap ones. It will be fun times trying to get the top hat off tho.

I am dissapoint no one has said bunnings grinder yet

edit: I Would just cut standard springs. ooops yes you did

• 1 month later...