Diezel D-Window steels Not flat mounting face?

Slacker_Sam.

So I got a set 15x8 Diezel D windows for the Mrs' Toyota bB, I fitted them up yesterday but they just dont seem to be right. Where they bolt up to the hubs isnt flat. See here:

10751593_10152464862453994_891800137_n.j

You can see where the hub is touching on the outside. So naturally I thought that maybe the bB's hubs are odd ball. So i tried them on a friends Civic and it has the same problem. Basically they dont mount up flat on the hub, leaving a gap behind the mounting surface.

Like this:

10807941_10152464862488994_1634857374_n.

see the gap? there is nothing supporting the wheel other than the studs themselves. Needles to say I've taken them off the car.

My question is, do the wheels look like they have been incorrectly manufactured? Surely the mounting surface should be flat?

Cheers 

arent they like that to ensure contact is at the outer of the wheel's mounting surface at all times? and in case of foreign matter/damage between the two causing improper seating

think of putting a tripod on rough ground. the wider the feet are spread the better it'll work. if it was one big flat foot of the same diameter it'd never be stable.

pretty sure what you're referring to as the 'mounting surface' is just the space inside the actual mounting surface, ie where you can see wear on the raised outer ring.

/what kpr said

• Like 1

just checked my china 4wd rims and they are the same.  99% sure brothers roh steels are the same also.  if the diameter of hub face its too small for the raised section to seat on properly, should be worried. otherwise no drama

I'll take them back to the tyre shop tomorrow. I took them to work and showed them to the local certification guy, he didn't like them at all. Way too much stress on the studs. As the nuts are tightened the wheels are flexing and pulling the wheel studs inwards.

I had a look at some ROH's on my workmates hilux. Meet up with the hubs nicely. No gap at all. 20141112_124841_zps570d5fcb.jpg

The centre hole tapers back in to meet up with the hub whilst as my D-windows are dead flat where they bolt up.