chch - where to take an old ford for wof?

craig_b

What area? In Hornby I could suggest Fitzgerald motors on waterloo rd (often busy but like old stuff) pitstop Hornby on smarts rd all petrol heads, waterloo automotive (pretty busy) Tim ford auto waterloo rd (quite a laid back guy) don McLeans on main south rd ( used to be lenient, dunno now?)

Nathan's service centre used to get all my old stuff but now I can't get over there, on tuam st just off Fitzgerald ave in town, lenient.

Don Mcleans is now one of the worst nowadays,

Ā 

Whys that? Took my Corolla there the other week no issues. The older guy with the hot v8 jammed into a MK2 Cortina (99% sure, I didn't get too nosey, had a good yarn about the Corolla / and his Cortina. Young dude was loving it too.Ā 

Ā 

I take everything there, no problems yet with their service. Pick a quiet time and you can just roll straight in and no waiting.

As far as I know from word of mouth, Mrs McLean got the business in the divorce, but that's neither here or there.

Since then they have been getting less and less lenient IMO

(maybe they got audited a few times?)

It may be the high work load, they are almost always busy. Or sick of muppits, I don't know.

Other things in mind but

A- Its a public forum, and

B- I'm not looking for an argument

I will say though, they haven't spotted my missing reflectors in the last 6 years hehehe

this is a dirty F100, i live in dunedin but just bought it from chch and wanted to take it for a wof to see what it needed, after i fixed a couple wires for the rear lights it got a wof no troubles. defiantly keen to bring it back up for muscle car madnessĀ