Brad's 1987 Toyota Carina

brad

All options are painful. Resplining the existing axles will be expensive. Welding 86 axle splines to your existing axles is a serious no no (but I had welded axles in my hilux diff and I cracked one)

Do 86 axles go into that diff housing?

price on slipper?

also how sure are you thats a 22spline t50?  have you counted output teeth?  the bell is 4ag for sure...  it's just I've never come across a 22spline with the big nut on the top of main casing.  and i've seen many many.

$650 to a OS gc for the lsd. I have no use for it and help me fund my Cusco !

hm, i've counted the splines, pretty damn sure?

Any other ways to check? it's in my garage awaiting my engine.

Oh, and it has a short shift kit in it, not sure if that's a bonus or not. Thoughts on ss-kits? Never run one myself before, feels so tight.  :shaking:

can you fix the pics of diff/axle stuff?  not working.  so 650 complete live axle head 4.3 ratio trd lsd?

being a 4ag bell it'll have the square flange on the input snout.. thats another way to tell a 22spline vs the round flange of a 20spline.. if the bell hasn't been swapped already that is.  output shaft splines (driveshaft end) is the only failsafe tell tale it seems.

Short shifters are personal pref, but need to have good cups on the ball ends otherwise easier to select wrong gears.  Shorter throw means can run taller shifter.   just be cautious if it's a cut/welded shifter as a poor job can break on you.. like i had.  in my early days bought a trd short shifter. shifter turned out to be a diy welded jobbie.  it broke at meremere selecting 3rd and over revved the 2tgeu (lightened flywheel, no rev limiter) and it run a bigend.   

yeah, just realized they were down. will try re-upload them tomorrow if I still have them on my computer, -phone's sd card decided to wipe itself yesterday for some reason.

i'l need the 4.3 cwp for the 4age sorry , just the lsd

It's in ! Will chuck up a few pictures later.

Cusco 2way & 4.3cwp! Pretty stoked I can tick that off the list ready for the 4AGE. Nice & tight and doesn't scuff like a bitch when just turning circles unless I give it a bit much. 

Actually seems to go a lot better than the 3.7(i think) cwp I had in it? Especially 100kph+ ,I only have 4 gears at the moment though still ! :tongue:

Tiny whining noise going on, but other than that it's pretty sweet. No bangs or clunks that i've noticed yet. Quietens down when I put my foot down though. Normal? 

Diff oil recommendations?
I just grabbed some Castrol LSD oil from Repco for now. 80w/90 i think.

Oh, and my MK3's turned up ! Today was a good day.

• Like 1

Dont bother with RCAs, at that height your front roll centre is still going to be well below ground anyway.

There are some camber tops from one of the KE70s or something that's got the same stud pattern as the Carina. Not AE86 though.

Or, just get AE86 ones, turn them 180 degrees and redrill the holes in your strut tops.

That castrol oil will be fine, all i've ever run in my trd diffs.  whine will be gear noise not the lsd center.  setup maybe a little off.  or just worn gears

My car does 36000rpm

those some big rev's

• Like 2