Thinking of making a Jet powered cart or motorbike????

JAPNUT

Hello all, I have been thinking of making either a jet powered cart or a motorbike, a motorbike would be easy to build, just use the thrust to power it, and a go cart would also be easy as well, just use the thrust again. Or you could go to the trouble of building an external shaft powered blower that runs off your exhaust gasses. It's simple to build a jet engine, by using an old turbo charger off a car or truck, you just hook oil up and make a combustion chamber. I've got most of the parts to build one, oil pump, "old power steering unit",,, fan for the oil radiators, 2 oil radiators for better cooling, and oil filter. You can run the engines on anything really, diesel, petrol, LPG, you name it any fuel. Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

• Like 2

Haha they will love it, hope they don't come knocking lol. First up should be a test engine, as if I put it in a bike or a cart and it does not run, it will be a wast of time. Hope to get it under way soon and see how well it runs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh I remember that night. Fuck the reeked of meths after that.

The jet engine made a bit but not really enough to push anything. But in saying that I hear the LPG bottle maxed out and it was barely idling so maybe a bit more tweaking would get something moving.

Really cool Project though and hearing it start up was just awesome

• 2 weeks later...

my mate has a small jet unit that he has just brought that we will be fitting to a number of different things, he has just sent it away to have some mods done to the starting system as it was a prick to start with air