RETROs hunter

shizzl

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heey guys, im trying to get the hunter going but just isnt working for me since im not that exprienced with the engine side of things!

so i was just wondering if yous could help me, there is no spark, battery is charged and its not turning over!

there is just a clicking sound when turning the key...

whats wrong?

Check your earth cable connections.  Double check you battery has good voltage.  

I'd come over and take a look for you but it would have to be a weekend and I'll be away for the next few.

Pull the starter motor off if you have to and bench test it.  Not sure about the hunter but most older starters and solenoids and pretty easy to pull apart and have a nosey around.  Check the commutator on the starter motor and the brushes are connecting fine, maybe get some very fine emery paper and give then a light tickle.  

I would be more inclined to believe it's still a voltage/battery/earth cable issue.  

Check all connections, disconnects, clean, scuff and reconnect to ensure they're getting the best possible connection.

• 1 month later...