Threeonthetree's Mk I Bullnose Transit

Threeonthetree

that paint job would be supreme restored. crossflow six?

Non-crossflow. The cylinder head has been reconditioned and it pootles along rather nicely. Just need to set the valve clearances, clean the carburettor and adjust the kickdown linkage.

I really like the paintjob too. If anything, I may just change the green to a slightly different hue and add a bit of filigree here and there.

+1 badass!

camper spec inside still?

Sure is. Double bed, curtains, stove, fridge et cetera.

I've got receipts for $14000 from 1994 when the camper conversion was carried out in Henderson.

Super comfortable bed. My partner and I gave it a thorough road test hahaha.

Bad ASS!!

plan's?

My family were toying with the idea of purchasing a caravan as extra accommodation both at home and away.

I think a Van is a better idea.

Just looking to keep it running and on the road while tidying it up.

Eventually a refit will take place and I'll rewire everything.

Just need to weld in my home-made replacement beaver panel and fix the headlight switch for a WoF.

Dealer-plated it all the way home haha.

• Like 1

I looked at this van maybe 4 or 5 years ago, near P Nth. Quite bizzarely, it has a fibreglass bullnose grill and bonnet. Somebody must have been making these panels in fg back in the day for people who wanted to do do engine conversions. At least it won't rust!  (It took me bloody ages to find the bullnose for mine, and the bonnet took even longer to find. Then shortly after, I found another one of each, typical! :wink: )

It seemed a bit gutless when I drove it, probably just needed a tune up I think.  The nine inch diff conversion was a nice touch.

I have a few spares here and there if you need anything.

I looked at this van maybe 4 or 5 years ago, near P Nth. Quite bizzarely, it has a fibreglass bullnose grill and bonnet. Somebody must have been making these panels in fg back in the day for people who wanted to do do engine conversions. At least it won't rust!  (It took me bloody ages to find the bullnose for mine, and the bonnet took even longer to find. Then shortly after, I found another one of each, typical! :wink: )

It seemed a bit gutless when I drove it, probably just needed a tune up I think.  The nine inch diff conversion was a nice touch.

I have a few spares here and there if you need anything.

Yes. The bullnose grille and bonnet are fibreglass. I found this very unusual too.

It runs acceptably, but is certainly on the underpowered side. The automatic transmission seems to soak up more than a few ponies.

I've thought of  fitting a SOHC AU Falcon motor in it with a manual transmission but this is very low on the list of priorities.

I was just going to ask you if you have any spares.

I have a few bits that I'm after currently; Two headlight surrounds, two taillights (complete) and the indicator stalk.

I'll also need to refer to your expertise when it comes to other parts too, if that's okay :)

Yes. The bullnose grille and bonnet are fibreglass. I found this very unusual too.

It runs acceptably, but is certainly on the underpowered side. The automatic transmission seems to soak up more than a few ponies.

I've thought of  fitting a SOHC AU Falcon motor in it with a manual transmission but this is very low on the list of priorities.

I was just going to ask you if you have any spares.

I have a few bits that I'm after currently; Two headlight surrounds, two taillights (complete) and the indicator stalk.

I'll also need to refer to your expertise when it comes to other parts too, if that's okay :)

yes of course, happy to help in any way possible. PM me and I will give you my email addy.

I think it should have gone better than it did. Possibly retarded ignition timing, or stuck distributor advance weights?  The old pre- crossflows did not rev, but had loads of torque. From memory the engine sounded quiet, and was not smoky, so I would check those things out first. Even with an auto, that thing should haul along quite nicely. I would investigate further before contemplating an engine conversion.

I don't have those parts  (might have an indicator stalk) but should be able to find them without too much problem.

cheers conrad   

• 1 month later...