boost tubes on 2 strokes

felixx

I'm assuming it's the same as a boost bottle? http://wikiscootia.wikidot.com/boost-bottle I've never had any experience with them, I was reading an article a while ago which claimed they were crap, from a brief google there seemed to be mixed reviews.

If you are looking to squeeze some more power out of the 2 stroke an expansion chamber is your best solution. There is almost certainly someone who has done some calculations for a FA50, which is the hard part

your threads are all back to front felix. Got your project thread in the general discussion area and your general discussion thread in the project section.

I have no idea if boost bottles work well but I guess a single speed bike with piston port engine with no reed/s would be the type of bike which would get the most benefits.

I would think if they were that great they would be on every two stroke from the factory as they aren't complicated or expensive to make

• Like 1

If you dont see it on a 50cc gp racer then I wouldnt imagine it would work. Manufacturers do all the maths, so if they thought it would help then they would do it.btw if you have not looked up 50cc gp racers you should.

Suzuki made a 3 cyl 2 stroke 50 with like 14 gears so it could stay in powerband ahahaha

Link: http://2strokebiker.blogspot.co.nz/2010/01/1968-suzuki-50cc-grand-prix-roadracer.html

there wouldn't be any point on a road race bike as its always on the pipe/in da powa band. edit:  the same as how reed valve is not needed to make big power on a piston port engine. only to help out low down talks/power. Back in the day Yamaha GP bikes had piston port with no reeds and Honda had piston port with reeds. Yamaha had more top end

they seem to be most common on trail bikes and quads and stuff which makes sense