tyres forwidened steels

hillman1

Legally you'd be looking at like a 235-245. You could stretch whatever you want on but be prepared for a green sticker as the police are pretty sharp on tyre sizing/stretch. I had 165-65-13s on my 13x7.5 wide steels (still illegal but they weren't super stretched.)

If you can find a tyre manufacturer that lists their certain size of tyre as being suitable to run on a 10 inch wide rim then that trumps the cert chart provided you can provide the documentation from the manufacturer. But I doubt a 195 width tyre being legal on a 10 inch rim exsists  

I doubt a 235 will have a manufacturers spec that will allow it to go on a 10" wide wheel.

Also, that sheet above doesn't have every tyre size on it.  I'm going through a heap of tyre manufacturers technical data to find a 215/45R16 that can go on a 8.5" rim.  Apart from semi-slicks, I've only found one brand which I'm not to keen on.

Edit/// 235/45R13 Kumho V700 is specified up to 9" rim.  That's the widest 13" tyre I've been able to find so far.  They wouldn't be cheap either.

If the tyres don't exist, then that's probably because it's a stupid idea. If it's for a road car, I just hope you enjoy paying fines and having your unsafe car ordered off the road. There is no way to "safely" do what you're proposing.

Just my view of course

• Like 4

No, just mainly to you, Nigel.

Heres some ideas dude

http://tyrestretch.com/?s=10.0+++R13+

Personally I think a 225 would look best, but it's kinda down to what you like. As everyone said though, it won't be legal unless you can find some tyre manufacturer that say theyre ok for 10"

For example, the tyre chart says 15x8s must have 235s at least I think? But ive got some tyres that are spec'd ok for 8" by falken

or it just looks better / cooler and they will love it no different to people having skid rims for the track realy mate or trying on your mates rims and taking photos because you think it looks cool its the look im after for my car and if its not legal for the street then I guess I will just get to injoy it at shows along with the other people that may or may not like the look but sacked on arss rusted bonnet old school roof rack (10inch wide steels under factory guards with crom lip ring and factory center cap) is a look I know loots of people like at the end of the day if it makes me a poser to have my car look the way I want when at shows then hey im a poser not my fault the law dosent agree with my style still better than half the trailor queens tat turn up to the shows at least I drive there with rims on rack then swap over for looks and photos then swap over and drive home hey its a win win I get what I want and people into that style get what they want for photos

thanks Sparkle I think you might be right with the 225s I have a set of 215s I might try on to get a feel for it and see how bad guard rub will be as I want to try and keep factory lines of the car I guess we will all have to wait to see what I can sort out I will post pics up once a dission is made

Edited by hillman1