Aaron's DB Teg of Bleh

Aaron

I've had the car about a month now (don't have any pics of when I bought it sorry)

Bought it stock standard with 175,000 k's on its 1.6L SOHC Non-VTEC ZC engine (slow bugger)

Within the first week I got some 2" lowering springs on stock struts and chucked them in. Put on some beauty rings and gold bullet valve caps.

20130703_104115.jpg

After about a week of having it at this height, I wanted more low. So I got myself some lowering springs and stock struts from an EF Civic (as the EF struts are 1" shorter than the DB struts)

Installed them, and got my front tires tucking which is good.

DSCF5054.jpg

DSCF5057.jpg

DSCF5060.jpg

But unfortunately it took it a bit too low. Driving on the flat it would drag the mudflaps along, which I didn't mind, however the tire was also so far up into the guard that it was taking chunks out of the tire.

So I raised her back up with the DB lowering bits and that it how she sits now.

Interior wise it was quite tidy, did need a bit of a vacuum is all.

Took the seat covers out of my old car and chucked them on.

Came up with the idea to cover a section of the door cards with sugar skull patterned fabic, and also did the center arm rest.

20130718_101749.jpg 

20130718_101757.jpg

20130718_101805.jpg

Pick up a front lip for $40 and gave it a quick test fit.

20130718_101650.jpg

20130718_101703.jpg

20130718_101711.jpg

I reckon it looks alright, needs a lick of paint though, hopefully I can get it attached this weekend.

So, plans:

Decide on some wheels, either 15x7 or 15x8 D-Window steels in White or some sort of mesh wheels

Nardi or wood grain steering wheel

More low (possibly coilovers)

Drag flaps

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To slam these without coilovers, get yourself some EF shuttle rear shocks and BA Prelude front shocks. Combine with EF springs and boom. If you wanted to go lower, whack off the Shuttle spring perches and whack em on the above shocks and profit.

To slam these without coilovers, get yourself some EF shuttle rear shocks and BA Prelude front shocks. Combine with EF springs and boom. If you wanted to go lower, whack off the Shuttle spring perches and whack em on the above shocks and profit.

When you say shocks, do you also mean struts? I had EF struts with DB forks in the front and it grounded it nicely, but chewed the shit out of my tires.

Yeah struts. Chewed your tire cos you probably need to bash the metal lip and fold it over so it stops cutting the tire. Just fold it upwards and chuck some POR15 in there as well for safety.

If you mean chew as in excessive wear, it'll be a toe issue. Also, EF forks lets you go lower

Yeah struts. Chewed your tire cos you probably need to bash the metal lip and fold it over so it stops cutting the tire. Just fold it upwards and chuck some POR15 in there as well for safety.

If you mean chew as in excessive wear, it'll be a toe issue. Also, EF forks lets you go lower

Yeah it was cutting the tire because it was deeeeeeeeep into the guard.

Cheers mate.

So today I got working on the front lip, it did have a hefty crack in it, and was a little to wide, but I got around that with the handsaw :)

A few pics from today:

Before:

9322446895_856eb02619_z.jpg
IMG_0001 by Aaron_Pitman, on Flickr

After:

9325235214_d19847d426_z.jpg
IMG_0007 by Aaron_Pitman, on Flickr

9322430369_3534d9f8dd_z.jpg
IMG_0011 by Aaron_Pitman, on Flickr

9325213514_d3af4d4e9e_z.jpg
IMG_0013 by Aaron_Pitman, on Flickr

Went for a drive through Albany Track Road and spotted a nice old shed for a photoshoot:

9325226396_0d2c87e309_z.jpg
IMG_0010 by Aaron_Pitman, on Flickr

9322438217_8c4751f034_z.jpg
IMG_0009 by Aaron_Pitman, on Flickr

And hopefully these will come in handy later on:

9325218120_014c2b1d62_z.jpg
IMG_0012 by Aaron_Pitman, on Flickr

I've lined some some BMW Technocast wheels for the time being:

img00110.jpg

Same style but all silver, but I'll most likely paint the spokes white and polish the lip (or all white, we'll see)

15x7 +24 Offset which should fill the guards nicely.

*Oh if anyone is wondering, I'm using the Canon 1100D for these photos. I can only get it out on the weekends. Its a suprisingly nice camera for the price*