Blake's 77' Triumph 2000

Goat

bummmmm weeeeeees!! went to start trumpy today and lunch and fuel is PISSSSSING out of the bottom of the metering unit by the black cover, im guessing its the diaphram seal that didnt like sitting dry for 15 years. Gutted as, will try get unit out on the weekend and see what the bizzo is. Does anyone know if the return line on the metering unit should be expelling fuel constantly when the pump is running?

have since found out no its not continous, only what seeps past the drive rotor goes back into the tank, which is usually quite a small amount, the prv bleed off in continous, old school lucas dudes and manuals for the win. Also, any triumph foamers have any high pressure side power steer hoses around, my bloke at pirtek cant get the bend right damn it and im out of time to get one from the uk

I wouldn't worry too much about the injector timing Jim.

She ain't a diesel. So the fuel will just sit in the runner till its drawn in. just like batch injection.

By all means try and dial it in as per factory, and have boss cost to impress the birds by saying "See that mechanical injection over there, yeah, that thing on the side of the donk. I timed that shit up. Yep, Me, The lucas overlord :wink:8) ".

But if you rage quit, you'll probably find it will run pretty much the same whatever angle you jam the metering unit on at.

I could be wrong though, which i quite often am.

But after having the metering units in bits, and having batch injection on other british shit. I can't see it being that much of a show stopper if the injector is fired at any angle of the crank. It will still meter out the correct amount. And will still be injecting at the correct period.

Gotta get the dizzy in correct though Jim. That timing is important.

hey buddy , a thought about your miss ; what spark plugs are you using ? injected triumphs seem to foul anything except champions (n9y ?) I use ngk in just about everything else but never had a good run with them in PI's , cheers Tim

I have found the same with Champion vs NGK, my old ute used to foul #4 plug from excessive oil burning, NGK's would only last a few k's before needing to be cleaned, Champions were sweet. Physical comparison showed the Champion protruded slightly further into the combustion chamber

• 2 months later...