Rookie Daves Lie-too-us Seven

KKtrips

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bit of advice, not sure if this applies so much to a kent, go for a twin plate and light steel flywheel.

I found with my seven with the zetec in it when down changing under brakes its very easy to compression lock the wheels if not rev matched properly. This was with a lightened factory flywheel.

I now use a very light steel one with tilton twin plate and it's much much better

Well it doesn't make very much power, but it gets the slicks nice and hot, so when I was hard under brakes into turn two I think the rivets holding the lining on were the weakest part of the drive line.

I don't really have any issues with compression lock Jase, maybe because I don't have much compression, or maybe because the tyres are sticky enough that it doesn't happen? Either way, I'm not going to throw heaps of money at it as the car will be for sale as soon as it is back together.

How did you form those trumpets? They look great

I used the top pin out of one of these as they are tapered

hqdefault.jpg

And then I pressed it into a bit of ~40mm ID stainless tubes, and then I put the pin in the lathe and used the tool post to wind a bunch of 6mm stainless rod around it at the right diameter and then I TIGed it together.

• 2 weeks later...