HELP MY CAR IS RATTLING AND I DONT KNOW WHY :(

chelseakennedy

Ok well im a clueless 18 year old girl with a vauxhall chevette that starts rattling when the revs are high... it feels as if its not sparking properly... it makes it a massive pain driving up hills as I have to do it in 4th gear otherwise it feels like its going to explode....

oh and also it also stalls at traffic lights, when idle for short amount of time.... help please!

Take it to a mechanic for an accurate diagnosis is my best advice sorry - there are too many things it could be - and without hearing it, then an internet diagnosis is only as good as someones imagination and experience takes them - it can VERY easily steer you down the wrong direction.

• Like 3

where abouts are you? maybe you could go to one of the local meets and some of the helpful oldschoolers could have a look at it for you then? 

it does sound like a pretty difficult thing to fix over the internet though.......

my old chevette used to stall at idle and it would take like 2 minutes of cranking to start again pissed so many people off at lights and roundabouts haha. but yeh i put new points in, condensor replaced so much shit and was stumped for ages, then i put in some new spark plugs and it went mint lol. you could just give that a try?