Daves 73 Triumph 2500tc discussion

Muncie

As long as you like it. Thats whats important. Heres a pic of my old one. with 14x7s & 195-60-14 tyres. Gave the smoothest ride & filled out the guards nicely.

DSCF4109.jpg

^ one of my favourite cars on oldschool.

Haha i guess there is a little bit of wanting to build the car that i had 10 years ago again. Used to own a Purple mk1 with a very serious pi engine in it 16" roh zs wheels Lock diff big brakes was a absolute monster of a car and i got in a lot of trouble in it .... was awesome,

• 5 months later...

Slight detour from my plan to start stripping it out for a wee bit of track work. My dads daily dropped its guts today so the keys are getting flicked to him for a few weeks till he finds something new (last time i did this i lost my cefiro for 9 months) Oh well if anyone sees Muncie senior around flick him the thumbs up he's true old school and might take it too next Auckland meet. meanwhile i'll keep gathering parts.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Been somewhat busy getting the old girl ready for Wof and a upcoming company track day. So this weekend saw the engine cleaned up and converted from cartridge oil filter to a fancy Mocal spin on adapter with oil cooler lines tapped ready to go. So with new oil in and instant oil pressure decided to head for the hills and cane the shit out of it to Piha for its first Real bit of hard driving since i got it. gotta say i'm pretty happy its slightly tail happy with the hard springs in the back but is very controllable and the sway bar has made a huge differance. Roll on Wof inspection.

• 1 month later...

So after 18 months of been reliable the old girl spat the dummy today (on the way to job interview) and has blown a head gasket i've got it all stripped down now and will start tidying up the head while its off. Bummer cos i just gave it a epic birthday including new hoses oils coolant and new gaskets to stop oil leaks etc. Anyone got a spare headset for a triumph? on plus side the old girl appears to have been running perfectly up until yesterday as all the cylinders are perfect.

• 4 months later...

Thinking of going to a set of these in 8's on the front and 9's if they'll fit on the rear with some Damn wide tyres for the ass end. A substantial brake upgrade is on the cards so going smaller than 17" wheels isn't gonna be an option soon besides it rides and grips so good on the big wheels........ And its my car i'll deface it any way i choose. 6xu3sPN.jpg

Case of having to unfortunately my back is a mess from a car accident years ago and the triumph seats although comfortable for short trips offered no support round corners which wears me down real fast. These are great I can actually get back to using it for club runs and the odd elusive track day. Kind of limited in the style of seat I was able to get due to me actually needing to fit them snug. There was a nice old style seat I wanted but it just didn't hold me in place when I went to segedins to buy/try on seats.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Excited as hell now spent afternoon measuring everything and it's going to fit and fill engine bay up right to the top going to look awesome. Bonnet may not clear it's going to depend very much on the sump and how low I can get the mounts I reckon a scoop will look choice anyway. With a Bogan motor under bonnet I'm looking for some time 14" tridents for it needs at least a 235 all round.

• 3 weeks later...