WTD - cheap as panelbeater WGTN

cubastreet

My WOF guy I've been using for the last 10 years suddenly got stricter and decided the dent behind the rear wheel of my townace is now a fail.

Between that and the rear sway bar bushes and the front left upper ball joint I'm tossing up whether to scrap this van.

If someone reckons they can do it cheap (doesn't have to be pretty, just need to straighten the 'chassis') that would be awesome. Cash is king.

I've attached a couple of pics but can bring it in also for a proper look. Shouldn't be too hard for someone with the right BFH.

I live in Welly but go out to Ptown most days so between there would be ideal, but Hutt would be ok too.

Cheers.

dent2_zps80329af7.jpg

dent1_zps3a08312c.jpg

Go to Unit 4 or 5 at 177 Rongotai Rd and talk to Steve and tell him KK sent you.

He is often at pick a part so you may have to go back a couple of times (or leave a note with your number pinned to the door)

You will be able to tell the place as there are several vans filled with car parts just to the right of the doorway..

I find it is easier to get him around 5-6pm on weekdays..

Bit tricky, if you look at the top pic there's 3 layers. I don't think I could get it done properly without spending way too much time on it.

Steve said he could do it for around $300.

Depending on how much the ball joint and bushes cost and how cunty the bj is to replace it might just be worth fixing up.

Sacrifice a a finger to the automotive overlords and try the following clumsy method I usually resort to.

1) get two hammers

2) place a hammer in each hand and hit the material surrounding the bj(giggity) with your hammers at the same time

3)???

4) profit

Will I need a BJ separator to get it off the knuckle, or can I just BFH the side of the knuckle like Jeeves says?

Just undo the nut until it's nearly off and wind it back on 2-3 threads then hit the cast hub on the side next to the taper - hit ti with good solid sharp smacks and it should pop loose.