Recommend me a head shop

Snoozin

Looks like bad shops don't stay around for long!

Glen eden engine reconditioners did me pretty good, knowledgeable about MGs, clean+test+valve job all in tuesday->friday the week before christmas. Priced me up all the work they could do, let me pick and choose.

Well, the man from Taylor Automotive called me back after an email enquiry, and I have to say I am impressed with the prompt reply and keenness to supply a written, itemised quotation for the work.

They've priced it at 559 inclusive of a headset, cleaning, valve grind/refacing, install stem seals, skim, pressure test, set valve clearances etc. This seems pretty fair to me?

IF your in the southern area Ive used GK engine reconditioners before for my 4age head, he stung me 400 odd but half that price was labour and puttin the shims in and mucking about.Skim acid wash, valve seats and seals. Go buy the valve stem seals when you drop the head off. This place is down the road from Panmure roundabout,

it goes without saying, get the job quoted first.

• Like 1