R200 Longnose diff What donor?

Muncie

The diff in the trumpy has started whining and leaking so time to start next item on to do list

Am after a LSD from what i gather these come in z31's and s12 silvias is that correct? found plenty of info on net for the conversion into my car but then info on the donor is a bit vague.

60924453942ff5d684fc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

r200 at top trumpy diff middle r200 longnose nearest

cant wait to get into this

An R200 Longnose LSD will cost you a mint.

They came in PNV & DR30 Skylines, FJ S12 Silvias, Some Z31 Turbo, Some S130 Turbo. Your best options are to either buy one out of Japan or buy an open R200 longnose and do a short to longnose conversion on it.

Could use a short r200 but means the flange will sit inside a subframe and driveshaft will need to be longer to reach it. might actually be better as it would be contained if it were to break a uni joint which has happened to me before.

Yup was pointing out can use both, but longnose is less work to fit eg mounting but if i have to obtain 2 diffs it would be worth the extra work to mount a more common diff in case i break it as swapping guts is a pain in the bum if your out and about. i've done plenty of triumph diffs roadside hoping to put an end to that with this conversion.

and also didnt realise how rare a longnose was making me have a rethink.

You won't break an R200 with a Triumph.

100% correct

Triumph motor not staying in forever though havnt decided what to replace it with yet so so trying to set up to not break whatever goes up front.

Car should never end up with more than 300hp though unless i win lotto of course.

100% correct

Triumph motor not staying in forever though havnt decided what to replace it with yet so so trying to set up to not break whatever goes up front.

Car should never end up with more than 300hp though unless i win lotto of course.

Then you'll be fine.

motivator1789543.jpg

• Like 1

I've retro fitted an unabused VLSD to my R200 longnose. It was a peice of piss. And VLSD's are cheap as chips. But then you gotta cunt around with your half shafts to make the viscous cartridge work. CLSD's are a not so cost effective piece of kit.

edit,

Since you're gonna have to mix and match your haldshafts to make the datsun unit work, it's not gonna be too much more work to do a VLSD thing.