fb's gemini

flyingbrick

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers man.

Surface finish on inside is good- but I didn't put much effort into the wax part or inside of cardboard mould. If I'd cared I could have shaved the wax with a knife and achieved much better results.

The sides of the rectangle end bow in slightly due to the shrinkage of the wax- in reality this is no problem but its not aesthetically pleasing.

Wax was the easiest way to do it as it is not a shape that will pop out of a mould easily unless its two piece or I make two halfs of the transition and join afterward.

OR other option is just making the piece so that it can be demoulded easily- I just wanted to play with that unfolding software!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The auto speed controller is great , it doesn't say in the instructions but it holds the settings when powered off .

Just to be clear- it only switches a relay...no actual speed control.

But yes very good units! I was tempted to get two and have the fans staged with the second one coming on like ten degrees after the first.... But that's putting way to much thought into things.

I got an old temp sender and removed the guts and just glued the sensor into it. I did find on eBay a sensor with a thread that matches the controller one but has a thread . It was only $5 . I didn't use it as the thread turned out to be an odd size , you're welcome to it f you want it