1600 crossflow turbo - preferred internals?

kkatl

hi peeps

im going down the turbo track with my 711m crossflow its bored to .060 thou, the cranks stuffed so i need a new one.

im going to get forged pistons is this all i need? or do i need rods aswell? what type of rods and pistons are sufficient and what type of crank? im getting the o-rings in the block aswell. im expecting about 150-200 hp if possible. i need to lower compresssion so i have an old head that has the original combustion chamber in the head, so i can run flat top pistons by matching the combustion chamber and making a spacer plate with the matched combustion chambers cut into it. also im getting the largest valves including port and polishing.

many thanks

hi peeps

im going down the turbo track with my 711m crossflow its bored to .060 thou, the cranks stuffed so i need a new one.

im going to get forged pistons is this all i need? or do i need rods aswell? what type of rods and pistons are sufficient and what type of crank? im getting the o-rings in the block aswell. im expecting about 150-200 hp if possible. i need to lower compresssion so i have an old head that has the original combustion chamber in the head, so i can run flat top pistons by matching the combustion chamber and making a spacer plate with the matched combustion chambers cut into it. also im getting the largest valves including port and polishing.

many thanks

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread. ... bo-from-SA

http://www.classic-ford.org/cfp/tm.aspx?m=35937&mpage=1

Doubt youll ever hit 200hp. That number and the kent dont like one another from what ive seen.

But yep some low compression pistons the standard ones for 1600 are like 8.5 or 9.5? you could run mild boost on stock internals

Id be looking at forged low comp pistons, rods and crank if you want serious power if you have thousands to spend on machining, porting and components.

Id say youd be looking at 130 to 190 bhp for a road going kent turbo although ive only seen them putting out 150 max

Id look at injection too unless you want to have a suck through carb set up

I'm starting to look at doing a turbo as well already have a L18 crank lyning around but just want to get 6 to 8 pound boost my mates thing it will be a faster set up from what I have I do plan on a brand new carb and having a blow though. The tourqe is meant to be mean with the turbo