worked 1600 how good will it go?

kkatl

hi guys got a worked 1300- its got a decked block, planed head that is built to formula ford spec, bigger valves-throat cuts been ground into ports, its also ported and polished, bored to 20 thou over, lightened and balanced flywheel. lets just say all this work didnt even get it close to the performance i was gettin outa my 1600 which is bored to 40 thou over with 1300 pistons and a 234 cam. so my question is how well will the 1600 go with the worked head, lightened flywheel, and the 234 cam? an estimate hp figure would be awesome.

cheers fullas.

The high end figure would be 150hp for a worked 1600 with cam, high comp over sized pistons, flowed head, oversized valves and side drafts but it depends how much you want to spend and how long you want the engine to last, also sometimes its best to go for flow over peak HP as you dont spend much time at max revs.

Im guessing the head is from the worked 1300? If it is the valves will be smaller so you might get less performance outta it

He said in the first post it's got bigger valves.

And if it's really built to FF spec they will be of decent size!

FF spec is hardly the epitome of tuning for a crossflow though, they make 120 odd hp, a fair way from what you can make out of a kent.

TBH, if you really want it to sing, spend some money and get a head properly ported, then get a cam to suit the head/cr.

well i thought the 1300 and 1600 heads were the same apart from the valve size? if its a formula ford spec head wouldnt it have the biggest valves in it? so it would be good on both 1600 and 1300 blocks? surely a formula ford spec head for a 1600 wouldnt be far off a 1300 formula ford spec head? what im trying to get through is that i have a worked 1300 and a 1600 that is bored to 40 thou over. now the 1600 went fuckloads harder then the 1300 so i wana put all the goodies in the 1600, i just needa know the compatibility.

Dude, a Formula Ford head is pretty much standard, have a read through here:

http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/dow ... FF1600.pdf

The valves will be 39mm inlet and 34mm exhaust, this is far from what can be done, for example here is my Kent head:

dsc01348resize.jpg

Those are are 42mm inlets ( I think) so a whole bunch bigger than formula ford.

So to answer you question, a little better than before but not a lot.