Matt's hairdresser spec Mazda of lame.

mjrstar

Guest mjrstar

At the meet last week there was some conversation about turbos.. the mazda will end up with a mild 20G upgraded evo 9 based turbo...(the one on the right) which is equipped with a billet compressor wheel - rather than the cast wheel in my evo.

20130330_095931_zpsbb7a4a52.jpg

20130330_095939_zps2bc060e5.jpg

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mjrstar

Correct you are fine sir, the far right hand mast head will be finding it's way on to the car. / I purchased those shelves off a boat builder...

Guest mjrstar

So now that my brother in law's deck is all finished and the mini is up and running on the bike carbs i'm back on the Mazda mission..

I had hoped to have the replacement fuel tank in and the rear end finished off but the fuel tank has not eventuated as yet...I have had a set of headlights turn up which may lead to an interesting conversion... time will tell..

Anywway i have started on the floor mounts for the gearbox crossmember (probably need to settle on what sort of rubber mount i use before finishing off the x-member and floorpan sections)

20130406_185943_zps4bc5cb15.jpg

Also looking at options for the sump...

20130406_200747_zps911469d8.jpg

Guest mjrstar

I mentioned above there was a plan brewing to ditch the pop-ups for weight saving and to add space for an airbox and intercooler piping... So i got a set of Honduh lights for $80 and at this stage have done no real work towards fitting them.

i have however done a crude ms paint of the actual headlights i have onto a front on photo of an mx5 i found on the net...

mxwithciviclights_zps6a9f4021.png

keen for honest opinions as to wether it's worth putting the bumper under the knife to mount these as is (they are identical in profile vertically to the mx bumper) or do i hack them up and try to come up with something more compact on custom backing plates / lens..

Flame away..

I don't mind that - depends on execution I guess but everything else you've done is awesome so should be ok /no pressure

There was a guy at Milford Auto Electrical that had a mx5 with the plate 11SEC or something like that, he had grafted lights into the front and it looked pretty sweet.

May have been R34 lights but I couldn't be certain and I can't remember what bumper he was running /useless info

If you could get it so the bonnot goes right across the whole car instead of having those 2 entry vents, i think it will look 100 times better. I might have a hack at photochopping it and see if i can get it to do what i invisige

Guest camo_78

not a fan at all to be honest,looks unproportional to me. im guessing EG civic lights??IMO 4 round lights would work better,DC2 integra for example

Guest flyingbrick

It's going to be sweet no matter what- but personally I'd go with rounds in bubbles.

You will never achieve the " those are supposed to be there" look with the pop up covers in place.

Here.

SCCAHeadlight.jpg

Guest mjrstar

yeah the smaller headlights do look better, i think i'll try and recycle what i have into some custom housings to keep the overall size down.

I can see what you are on about NicT it looks millions better with the pop ups deleted.

Guest mjrstar

yeah, i am hoping to use the extra room to build a decent airbox - no major rush to make it go.

Sump...

what a mission to trial fit.. i have to drop the front subframe so it'll clear the gearbox to feed up from underneith..

20130415_174203_zpsb50851eb.jpg

20130415_174107_zpsc816406f.jpg

20130415_182629_zps86d8795d.jpg

20130415_183015_zps85d91fcf.jpg

just dont fuck with it, make it go first. trust me on this

Dw dude, i dont think we need to worry about mjstar not finishing a project. He has a pretty good/serious project history....

Have you got an idea on the sump pickup design?

Are you going to delete the balance shafts?

• Like 1