keltiks Madass 50 of Chinese Forgery

keltik

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! Split the engine off the frame today and took the wiring harness off so its ready for some paint.

Went to drain the frame/tank and this thick black paste blacker than zimbabwe came oozing out of the drain hole. Got quite a bit out before it started draining petrol. I have absolutely no idea wtf it is! It doesnt mix with petrol but is water soluble.

So will give the tank a wash out and start sanding the frame tomorrow.

Chur boi, I can whip that up for ya, i'll get the father in law to tig it up on their fancy new tigggging machine, will look the ducks.

Just give me a drawing with all the sizes n shit and i'll cut it up and bend it at work. Also give me the old one, so I can check shit.

Regards, VG.

xoxoxox

what in gods name DOESNT mix with petrol :/

also, are these things geared or cvt?

4 speed geared with manual clutch. Hydraulic discs front and rear. Really its pushing the boundaires of scooterdom.

Chur VG! Lub you long time. Will measure and draw some shit up tonight. Might extend and lower the tail a smidge too

New bar grips, muffler, front sprocket and fuel tap on order. New steam-pipe for the swingarm is at the engineers getting bent up. Seat is at the retrimmers and should be finished this afternoon in its new shortened form. Electrics are all stripped off and the frame is getting ready for a coat of bright yellow paint.

Everything is coming together nicely! Getting the bend in the swingarm reduced by 10* and will move the shock mount a bit to keep the geometry nice. Should be lower and longer and much better looking!

Also got some new mirrors since mine are too big and floppy.

Is that a Buell? Like the chap at works one?

Not really enough room under the motor with the amount of slam i want to run and the relatively short distance before the rear wheel.

Seat looks good, gotta cut the frame for it down tomorrow and mock up the new rear lights arrangement. Should have some swingarm components bent up by tomorrow lunch time.

Frames getting sandblasted. Fuck stripping it all the way. Bars have been bent for the swingarm so now i need to get my engineering face on.

Still need to figure out muffler location and what to do for lighting.

• 1 month later...

Right so i still havnt made a swingarm but spent a couple hours in the shed today looking at the electrics. I started to make repairs to the existing loom but kept finding dry joint and split insulation so have given up.

Will buy some wire tomorrow and begin making my own loom from scratch. Ive gotten my head around most of it except i havnt figured out the purpose of a mystery diode. I think its to do with the indicators but not so sure.