Sourcing new lips for 3pc wheels

Berjjj

So I just nabbed a set of Weds Professor Mesh 3pc wheels for a wicked price, aren't welded shut either (stoked). Problem is I've been struggling to find a source for wider lips. Seems like most (all) of the stock overseas is for BBS/Volk/some other wheel brand with a different bold pattern. Has anyone had experience finding lips for old school Weds wheels?

Searched and read that there have been issues with Gavin and 41degreewheels as of late so a bit hesitant if that's the go. Rims in question are 15x7 + 35, 36 bold pattern lips, hoping for a final setup of 15x9 +10 (-12.7 offset for every inch added to the outer if my maths is right?). Any help would be great thanks.

Hey dude Im one of the ones that didnt get the best result but that doesnt mean dont use him. There may be other guys out there and maybe have a shop around but if you are very specific with what you want he will do a good job.

Let him do the maths though from start to finish and be clear what you want as a finished result. One thing I would recommend is polishing the lip yourself. Get it back, wack it on the back of your car if you dont have access to a lathe and go through some fine grit sandpaper. Then down to a polish. There are some good links on you tube. Then you will be happy with the end result. I paid him to polish mine and will probably end up doing them again one day when I have the time/Im retired.

Ah awesome, yeah I'm not fussed at all about doing the polishing/finishing myself. Did you have to send away the entire wheel or was the lip enough for him to work off? Will give him a ring sometime then, cheers for the info!

Last thing he told me was the business had been sold but I see he is still advertising it on Trademe. Be very, very specific about what you want done and what widths you want to end up with.

• 3 weeks later...

So niceeee, those are going to look the business on your van mate. I won't be ordering lips until I move back to Auckland in a couple of weeks, the power bill ripped me a new one and funds just aren't there at the moment.

I have also just bought four 13 inch outer bands from Bateman. Had no issues whatsoever, infact, he was really good to deal with. Other than taking 4-5 days longer than first told it would, which is hardly an issue with everything else thats going on. I would def would use him again.

Cheers