Datto610's 1977 180B CA18DET Discussion

datto_610

My build thread

Hey guys Greg here I'm new to oldschool, but have been a member of the NZ Datsun club for a few years.

Owned this car for nearly 5 years now the build is taking much longer than expected but all going to plan will be done this year in time for the datsun club nationals :D

I originally planned on painting the body but the colour grew on me and I cant imagine it being anything else. The CA should provide a bit of extra fun cant wait to get it running. Almost ready for start up just waiting on my intank fuel pump set up to be finished and run a new send line and fingers crossed she goes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did you get that seal in? May have missed tat in your post.

They can be a total BITCH if things are not 100% right. Scrape the edge of the hole so that its not a sharp edge to ruin the seal as it goes in. Grease the crap out of the seal. Use a plate to push the seal in. If its REALLY tight then use two plates that are like a big washer with a hole in the middle and a length of threaded rod through the diff to pull the seal in (one plate on each side of the diff). Sometimes its easier to pull it in slowly rather than punching it in.

Also that seal might be OK if you use some loctite gasket sealer or similar on the OD.

May ave missed the relevant update- if so.. soz.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest datto_610

Cheers Pete. A1 radiators made it for me when they removed the standard VL commy filler from the radiator. Is really well made and is satin black anodised now too

• Like 1