SHIZZLE's pinto powerhouse mkV cortina

camo_78

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a pair of 13x6 spitties that are a very similar offset to my modgies with BFG radial T/As on them in 195/60 13 sizing.can put 4 people in the sport which sits it on bumpstops(joys of compressies :rolleyes: ) and they dont rub.admittedly i did have to roll the lip up to do so but the sidewall sits nice n flush with the guard lip :) .i would get a pic but its currently on axlestands after i popped an axle in the locked diff :?

PS:hit to the head would have induced i few expletives i suspect??

doh,rain gets into the car...dripping from the dash somewhere...must investigate..

also theres a vibration only in 1st and 2nd....i have a feeling the diff is on the way out..

i know its not the box cos its coming from the back somewhere,and i know that the ujs and rubber components of the driveshaft are sweet....

but my biggest erk is the water temp is only getting to 50degree c.... im guessing theres no thermostat in it..

so no heater,it does get luke warm so im guessing that if it got to 85degree the heater would be sweet....

doh,rain gets into the car...dripping from the dash somewhere...must investigate..

also theres a vibration only in 1st and 2nd....i have a feeling the diff is on the way out..

i know its not the box cos its coming from the back somewhere,and i know that the ujs and rubber components of the driveshaft are sweet....

but my biggest erk is the water temp is only getting to 50degree c.... im guessing theres no thermostat in it..

so no heater,it does get luke warm so im guessing that if it got to 85degree the heater would be sweet....

check foam gaskets under the heaterbox in engine bay,thats where the sport leaks water in :?

i take it the water gets in through that vent in the cowl panel,then into the heater box??

i suspect its the shape of the metal behind the heater box(think 1/4 pipe vert ramp for skateboarding),water runs straight down it,hits curve and gets fired straight under the heaterbox to where the gaskets are :?

was gona work on the cortina today but thought i better investigate the oil drips that have started appearing on the suby...

took the left rocker cover off and a small corner is missing from the RCG groove,so its been weeping from there,id say a stone has got at it...the cams etc look pristene.....

so on the hunt for a left rocker cover for a 96ish gtb....

enough to piss me off and lose any motivation to work on cars this weekend...

normally im so rangi that i would use kneadit for it,but i think it would need to be perfect cos its the point that they all start to leak...

ive used kneadit on manifolds before,totally underated product,right up there with duct tape,cableties and body filler..

yup,were both suckers for punishment...dont tell me that your 32 aswell or ill stab you in the face with a soldering iron,lol

STOP COPYING ME!!! hahaha

got that right,lmao.and nope,26 with a goatee about 5 inches long,lmao.

and im not copying,MY gtb is rear wheel drive :P

GT cam covers will fit GTB engines, I just can't remember if they change for the different coil setups.

they do,ive bolted GTB coils into GT motors and vice versa.so shizzl,i got a couple of covers up here if you want them :)

my gtb is green when it goes through cow shit...lol which it hasnt...

yeah and mines auto *stink eyes*.... i enjoy auto though cos you can eat BK on the move piece of piss rather than trying to juggle the steering wheel with ya knees,change gear with ya elbow while holding a burger in one hand,fries between ya legs and drink in the other hand..

eating in is easier, or go auto...lol...and i have done all of the above

its silver...amazingly its still got billys in it..they usually poke out,but these ride pretty sweet.

anyway, i wouldve liked to get the heater box and thermostat housing off the tina this weekend...

might look at resealing the windscreen before i fuck with the heater unit...but the thermostat needs investigating,cos it needs to get to temp so the choke works properly,and i want some heat on my feet..lol

and i really need to get the lip on the guards sorted on the back....