SHIZZLE's pinto powerhouse mkV cortina

camo_78

looks like a good score mate,but yes,racing stripes need to go a.s.a.p :lol:

is the engine bay a light metallic blue or same colour as outside??if its the metallic then it was the same colour as my sport was,the sport is currently being painted satin black 8)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its blue..no lights in the garage make it a cunt to see anything properly....

door panels are all brown,aswell as the seats, but the seats dont have that common cortina head rest,these are a filled in headrest...

comfy as seats,but soon to be replaced by recaros.

spent a couple of hours in shed messing with wof issues..

sorted the play in the rack end and wheel bearings...

untwisted the seat belt,realigned the door,got the rego lights going.

might take the spotties out cos i dont like them,and one is brownish.

tightened up the exhaust flange.tightened up the steering,also found the steering shaft cover for the wildcat wheel in the boot so put that on too...doesnt look too shithouse now.

took the driveshaft rubber flange thing off and the one i got from the wrecker in cromwell sent me the wrong fucking one...cunt face.

things that make my rectum curl:

bonnet release lever bracket missing,so the lever just hangs there.

temp gauge,fuel gauge not working.

heater not working,fan works though.

ride height.

homo at the wreckers in cromwell for sending me the wrong part..

on the plus side ive got 2 side mirrors coming that have internal adjusters and the internal trim pieces...i hate not being able to use my mirrors when reversing...

haha, yea ive wanted another one since 2000....

theres one down here that pretty stock,apparently needs a few rust bits done,start is 1k...theres a fairly mint one in dunners for $2500,had a bit of work done to the motor recently,straight as....

i always remember a black one i was following out to waihi one night,it was so bloody low that sparks were flying out from under it on every bump...awesome...my mate used to have an immaculate mk5,burgandy,slammed on deepdish hotwires and eagers...the motor was mildly worked, but shit did it fly,till he fell asleep at 2am and went sideways into a bobby calf crate...

my old one i got for $400,got a wof,did a 15min burnout,popped a tyre...then traded it in on a fxgt.....have missed it ever since....:(

things that make my rectum curl:

bonnet release lever bracket missing,so the lever just hangs there.

temp gauge,fuel gauge not working.

heater not working,fan works though.

ride height.

homo at the wreckers in cromwell for sending me the wrong part..

i may be able to help in this department,im 99% sure i have the offending part off my original cortina that i ended up wrecking :)

that would be lush,

you dont happen to have a driveshaft yoke donut do you?

as a matter of fact i do.ill have to check it for cracks etc but from memory its pretty good.ill have a hunt through my parts,see if there's anything else on your list i have :)

that would be epic.i have a growing list now...im sure therel be more,haha

the joys of a 32 year old car...

the cool thing is,its the same age as me...keen to find out what month it was built too

both of mine are 83,so 3 years older than me :lol:

and lol about list,i know the feeling.i shall write down what you need and go hunting in my storage unit(daihatsu van) for the parts you need in the next couple of days :)

looks pretty good, ditch those boat trailer rims for some turbo's/tridents/wide steelies etc

those seats in there now dont look like factory items

you can get a factory dash face in either silver or black, ive got a couple of spares if cant find one locally.

dont like turbos...tridents are only good in deepdish mode but not spittie mode

id like some deep dish hotwires though or some d windows cos iv loved them since ages ago..

although i wouldnt mind some 15x7/8 superlights/replicas...

but for now the modgies will stay till i either get offered a swap or cash

id like some deep dish hotwires though or some d windows cos iv loved them since ages ago..

you gon hate me..........sport has 13x7 hotwires all round :oops: ,and my ghia will be on D windows all round when i rebuild it :lol:

yup.thats where the 2 i have already came from (15x8s),so makes sense to get another 2.tempted to try jam 15x10s under the bum but i suspect im pushing shit uphill with a pointed stick to do that.if its any consolation im envious of your spotty grill,am however getting the one out of Karl's ghia at some point as i took factory sport spotties off and karl(i500gt) grabbed the brackets for his ghia,lol

i took the spotties out lol....

what did you pay for the 8s? i was thinking of getting just the centres off them and making custom offset rims

but i gotta get this bitch on the rd first

i bought the pair off a mate for $150 bucks.strictly speaking theyre not quite correct PCD as they came off his s1 RX7 drag car [1EVIL7],so 4x110 not 4x108.am going to elite this week though to get prices on another pair,a pair of 15x9s and a pair of 15x10s just for comparison to see what size i will end up with on the back of mine.will be getting 15x8s redrilled though as im going to falcoon pattern on mine so i can run s5 rx7 front brakes and hilux drums redrilled on the bum,got a KZN130 surf LSD diff to go in it

nice man....

managed a win today,after stewing over the fact i rang as many wreckers i could and no one having a yoke for it,

i nicely asked the cunt i got it off if he had the rest of the d-shaft,he kindly offered it to me for the cost of freight...$20..

sweet...good thing i didnt call him a homo after all ae...was very tempted...

so, my mirrors,driveshaft are on the way...got some shitbox shocks lined up..

just need some brake shoes and a left wheel cylinder to get a wof.

anyone got some brake shoes and wheel cylinder for me?

only need it for wof,then itll be a disc rear end..

whoever the dumb shit at ford was who thought it would be a swell idea to make many various fucking different driveshafts needs a smack in the kisser...

2 driveshafts both from mk5 sedans,same overall length, however the hanger bearing is 50mm out on one compared to the other...cunts..

ill get round this manufacturing cock up by making to plates thatll bolt to the floor and the hanger will bolt to that...

will end up witha 1 piece shaft at some point....rubber driveshaft bits are a fail waiting to happen...oh wait, they do fail, often

whoever the dumb shit at ford was who thought it would be a swell idea to make many various fucking different driveshafts needs a smack in the kisser...

2 driveshafts both from mk5 sedans,same overall length, however the hanger bearing is 50mm out on one compared to the other...cunts..

You sure there both Cortina ones?

Sierra hangers are 50mm out compared to Cortinas.