Where to buy white wall tyres? (central norf island)

Vintage Grumble

I have heard of him also, he lays the rubber into a std tyre I believe? I'm pretty keen on these flapper things TBH, prolly the cheapest and easiest way to go.

The whitewall people grind a section of the surface so it's rough, and apply a resin type compound into the super shallow groove (and I mean suuuper shallow, it's basically just roughed up to ensure adhesion).

If he's anything like the guy in Mt Wellington who I used for the Ced, he'll be able to do up to a 1" band on the tyre.

I've put 2000 odd km on my whitewalls and they're good thus far, the only things you need to watch out for is getting them done on new tyres (chemicals/silica leaches from a new tyre for a while and discolours the whitewall) and also make sure you don't clean them with anything bleach or silicon based. No tyre shine or armor all!!! Turns them brown. They can supply a specific cleaner for them.

Sparkle also had the same thing done to his 620 and they're lasting fine, and that's daily use too!

I'd choose this method over flappers any day, normall it's around $20-$25 per tyre also.

Yeah I have watched the guy In rots do some tires

I cant really see why he shouldnt be able to do a few passes

Might just not the uniform maybe?

Also classis tyres is where I have got flappers from in the past.

However Peter Dickend is a fuckwit.

And although flappers can wear on the side wall, its not to the point that they are going to implode and create a black hole or anything.

Also: I have had flappers wear major grooves into the sidewalls of tyres on three occasions. I think they are dangerous as..... but perhaps it was just me/where I live and the wheel/tyre combo that did it.

Wearing the rubber/silica compound in the sidewall is fine. It is there purely for protection and doesn't effect the structural integrity of the tyre. You can have two tyres one with rubber outside the nylon cords and one without and you'll find their breaking points are almost identical.

I would also suggest using flappers as they are easier to clean and reusable.

Adding whitelines to tyres also look funny as they tend to cut through the middle of the text/sidewall markings.