clutch alignment tips 1600 crossflow

burrowssj

What Steelies/Manu says is true - chuck the clutch etc on, make sure the clutch plate is the right way around (ie the shallow side faces the flywheel) do the cover bolts up till they are just nipped up and so you can still move the plate around.

Put your fingers in the gaps between the pressure plate and the flywheel and you will feel where the clutch plate and pressure plate friction surface are - if you feel in all 3 gaps you will feel the gaps where the clutch plate sticks out past the pressure plate and is recessed in other gaps - move the plate around till you feel the same gap on all 3 access holes and you tighten up pressure plate bolts - recheck the gap and if it feels good you should be AOK to chuck in the gearbox...

I has a whole car of parts :D pretty much perfect situation. Get a complete conversion that I drove to my driveway and a bunch of other misc parts I was needing. I've dabbled in this before but not with the linkages so there is alil bit of fiddling to be done. I just like every other man enjoy a good fiddle tho....