grunters hunter

mutiny

I have a soft spot for Hunters we had a green wagon as a family car. Mum crashed it and we got a white one (GP1312). In '89 my parents traded it in for a 'irish coffee' VK Berlina Wagon (MP3589)

Now I have shared my life story, Welome to OS.

Your first meet is on 5 May, be there with this lush car

Glenn its not running at the moment,Bekas partner Kris(that Matt said about) and I tried to get it running saturday night but theres less spark in it than a 1.5 volt battery.however,what they have planned for it is pretty cool,and will surprise a few people.

PS:i have no excuse for not attending OS meets now,im picking up a mk5 cortina sport tonight,lmao

Glenn its not running at the moment,Bekas partner Kris(that Matt said about) and I tried to get it running saturday night but theres less spark in it than a 1.5 volt battery.however,what they have planned for it is pretty cool,and will surprise a few people.

PS:i have no excuse for not attending OS meets now,im picking up a mk5 cortina sport tonight,lmao

did you end up getting that red sport that was for sale in Hanmer Springs?

nice hunter too . I have a random box of bits left over from when I had mine, free if you want it

":2sdzoukt]

did you end up getting that red sport that was for sale in Hanmer Springs?

nice hunter too . I have a random box of bits left over from when I had mine, free if you want it

Nah Karl,bought it off a mate who lives just upthe road from me,wasnt even advertised anywhere.and ill come grab that box of Grunter parts for Beka at some point seeing as i know where you live 8)

Glenn,ill go pick Beka up in the new cortina and drag her to the meets if i have to,lol.shes been my best mate for 6 n 1/2 years now

Completely missed this thread!! Cheers guys... so pleased she's even tidier than i remember... been over 8 years since i last saw it (got chucked in the shed after she lost compression).

Yea it's such a bugger its not going, I do have a complete parts Hunter sitting here though who will donating its motor to Grunty and its MANUAL so will sort that out soon!

I will most certainly come to the next meet though if Camo_78 gives me a lift! :)

and [ i5oogt ], thanks a heap! Appreciate that a heap dude! Any extra bits and pieces will be welcomed!! Ryan is happy to grab it for me if that suits you :)

• 2 weeks later...

just heard this running,tis indeed a bloody good runner :) .and Alex,it is indeed the standard hunter dash,earlier ones had the bar style speedo,not sure when they changed to this dash.as for plans,i know what the plan is and it wont be changing much,although Bekas partner Kris is going to do a full panel n paint on it as it has the usual dents n scraped for a 38 year old car :)

jeah, hunters are sweet, had one as my first car

in its glory days

IMGP2202.jpg

they are pretty lush cars really, look awesome with mild lowering and some nice wheels.

Ever since nats all of sudden it seems every car I have owned has some sort of oldschool.co.nz connection, this was my car around May last year in Christchurch. I'm not responsible for the green housepaint. Didn't have keys, started by touching wires together. The back doors wouldn't open, and when they did, would be when the car was travelling at speed. Thought I was pretty lucky to get $800 for it. Was good for a laugh for a few weeks.

30043643.jpg

[ i5oogt ] thanks a bunch for the box of bits :) any extras for a car this old are greatly appreciated mate!! :)

And yip she will be staying as standard as possible i promise. I LOVE how she looks as is, just a bit of panel tidy up and a new paint job, whitewalls and maybe ever so slightly lowered only for handling reason's (since they handle like a boat haha!) and no i don't mean on its arse (not into that kinda thing) and that's as far as it's going to go. I hate when people get their hands on a mint old car and molester it!!

When the engine eventually dies we will have to re-asses the situation though haha! :)

• 4 weeks later...