DUXZ GSR EX Lancer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bro

Saw this on TM a while ago. Wondered if someone brought it or if he just pulled it of TM.

Looks good man. Only thing I would do is shorten that tail pipe.

Im trying to fit the same front lip on my Lancer. Whats the chances of you doing some measuring?

Hey bro

Saw this on TM a while ago. Wondered if someone brought it or if he just pulled it of TM.

Im trying to fit the same front lip on my Lancer. Whats the chances of you doing some measuring?

yeah i cut it down last weekend so now it doesnt face down and sprayed it black. cheers man

Hey bro

yeah i cut it down last weekend so now it doesnt face down and sprayed it black. cheers man

if you have same lip as me you will have to trim guards as they are shorter than standard ones, your may have already known that but im more than happy to do some measurements, what are ya after mate

Looks good, has it been repainted or that the original paint? Hope you've done something with the cooling system, those rusty marks around the radiator cap aren't a good sign.

has been resprayed, told it was a couple of years ago but paints been well done :) have also dealt to that rust. it was rusty water leaking from raditor cap. someone want to tell me why the water would be rusty?

This is sweet man i had one just like this years ago, ended up at the wreckers tho which still makes me sad lol

Not many factory turbo ones of these round now!

Haha cheers man. yeah not to many around now eh! Would make me sad too haha but your ex is looking very nice now! do you have any recommendations on how to make my 4g62t faster. isn't really anything special at the mo def no rocketship but want it as fast as possible so if anyone has any recommendations pleas feel free to say :)

I'd recommend a mild rebuild depending on how many kms ya got on it then maybe a front mount would be a pretty easy mod, that's if ya want to keep it original. I would put a 4g63t in there myself lol

Yeah think ill do front mount along with a turbo upgrad. iv been told auto vr4 turbo is pretty much a bolt on so might go with that. will keep all old parts boxed up please it can always be put back to original state

I also used to have one of these, fuckin' loved it, still wish I had it. See photo:

lancer.jpg

Yours looks nice, they're an awesome car!

I saw my old one come up on TM a while back looking like it had been trashed

Cool cars.

Good work on the tail pipe, was going to be the first thing I mentioned too.

Its a shame about the door cards in them, they are so fragile aye!

Was the dash not an original black one?

Liked the rocker cover black, but each to his own

I think that they look alot better when the window surrounds are like a flat, or not so glossy black.

Its a small thing, but I think it looks so much better, as most Misti's are factory.

You could even do it youself tidily.

As for making it faster, an intercooler may help, but remember the added volume (and it will be ALOT more)

will always mean added lag. Be careful incase you end up going backwards, it seems strange, but

people do it all the time with turbo cars. (ie you dont need 573" intercooler piping)

I was told stock WRC use/d like 1.5/1.75" or something crazy. And they make huge torque.

so if you do it, at least use a small intercooler (factory e38/9a VR4 wolud be the largest I'd go..) and small

daimetre piping.

Ask Fuel/Phil/Misti-King, he'll know all about wise things to do to it.

On the right track for sure though, sweet little wheels!

Running a fine line between looking good and looking a bit crass with some of those under bonnet mods imo. Such a rad little car, almost deserves to be rebuilt to stock, pretty hard to find these days. Water in radiator is probably rusty because it doesn't have any anti-freeze or rust inhibitor shit in it, just water. Empty it out and run a hose backwards through the system to flush it out is usually the go I think. Also, I think RVR i/c is slightly different in regards to inlet/outlet sizing and locations? Fuel will know.

Good luck

yeah dont go bling man, they go surprising well with just some low key mods, abit more boost, a cam etc.You can run a bigger injecter from some other mitsi (last of the starions i think) or can go multipoint injection from a magna.

Just remember they are only like 1100kg or somthing so you dont need a heap of power to go hard and can get them to handle well.The brakes are pretty sweet too.Good base for a pretty mean sleeper.