SR20DET differences?

WhangareiKE70

DETs have oil squirters, lower comp, and roller rockers im sure. fwd and 4wd SRs have a totally different bellhousing meaning different block to rwd ones from what ive seen fwd and 4wd SRs cannot be converted either they also have a different head bolt pattern/ manifold bolt pattern.

DETs have oil squirters, lower comp, and roller rockers im sure. fwd and 4wd SRs have a totally different bellhousing meaning different block to rwd ones from what ive seen fwd and 4wd SRs cannot be converted either they also have a different head bolt pattern/ manifold bolt pattern.

Yup, RWD Block or nothing, unless your plan on running a non sr20 rwd box behind it with a adapted bell housing. Then it would just be the intake to contend with.

For ease just settle for a rwd one.

How much are you wanting to spend, I know a mate who is wanting to sell a s14 sr20de with loom ecu and box. Not sure what he wants for it but can find out

How much are you wanting to spend, I know a mate who is wanting to sell a s14 sr20de with loom ecu and box. Not sure what he wants for it but can find out

I'm not really sure. I'm willing to spend decent money on a good setup, however I don't have decent money at the moment, as I was made redundant not too long ago and haven't been able to find work again yet.

However, get your mate to give me a price and I can consider my options. :D

I'm not really sure. I'm willing to spend decent money on a good setup, however I don't have decent money at the moment, as I was made redundant not too long ago and haven't been able to find work again yet.

However, get your mate to give me a price and I can consider my options. :D

$800 plus shipping, its in chch. Seems to be about the going rate for a DE wth loom box and motor. I sold mine for $700 a while back.

I seem to remember reading that the S13 sr20's had stronger blocks or something, hence why they used one in the old rayglass datsun 1200 drag car.

Correct I think, can get more power without hassels. Once you get to 280hp on a S14/15 SR20DET work needs to be done so it doen't fly to bits. Reason why I have a S13 SR20DET in my S15 (to get more power eventually without hassels).

A wrecker here in Nelson has a shitload of SR20DE motors, wanted $600 for motor and box last time I spoke to him.