P_Star's Lada of Space Invader!

P_Star

So after months of faffing about I finally got her done... and took her on her maiden voyage. All was going swimmingly, well... moderately swimmingly anyhow... I choose to ignore horrendously rich tune (2smoke anyone?) and the fact that she wouldn't run sans choke... but all in all progress was dandy, up hills, down dales, through holes, over stumps... stupendous, look at that, TWO ladas functional on ONE day!!!

IMG_20130112_090637_zps49203744.jpg

IMG_20130112_095305_zpsee42a17f.jpg

IMG_20130112_100155_zpsd485f8ad.jpg

IMG_20130112_104148_zps5e649c47.jpg

For approximately 23 minutes... after that a horrendous knocking noise surfaced... well, a knocking, grinding, shuddering "I'm not really happy about movement anymore" noise :/

Turns out quite a few bits of the driveline decided to stop being pals... this lead to some "unpleasantness" such as:

IMG_20130112_112426_zps93cc3b43.jpg

IMG_20130112_174650_zpse554e77f.jpg

Which lead to this:

IMG_20130112_113403_zps94a49319.jpg

and then this:

IMG_20130112_125340_zps84f53d77.jpg

Thanks to the bunch of good bastards we were wheeling with who towed/gave rides/parts/opened gates/leant trailers and generally saved my bacon I managed to get her home safe and sound on a trailer then deal with grindingclunkingbangingdoonkdoonkscreeeetch type noises till I managed to manhandle the b*tch into the driveway at home...

... where I will attempt repairs faster than the previous lot... aka less than a year or so :D

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

half pie contemplating selling this, I have so much going on at the moment that I can't really justify the time it needs, haven't even had a chance to bolt the new front diff in and now my old flatmates are moving so I need to put it back together and move it..

Anyone want to make an offer? give me money (or swap for something? Road legal car or motorbike?) and you can bolt up the dif and take it home with you?

Cheers dude, I'm really just being fucking lazy (and frustrated cos I couldn't figure out how to put it back together properly)... and can't really move it till the dif/suspension etc is bolted back together and every time I try and find time to do it some other bullshit (like the bloody ute falling to bits yet again) comes up and takes my time/money

i should really stop being a whiney bitch, just many things going wrong at the moment and half tempted to just sell everything and start again 

#Grump

I have that feeling rather often.

I just rest assured that nobody wants to own my stz.

Yup, likewise... Well Chris wants my stz, he must have silly taste too

+1

Just re prioritize things in your life. Hint; silly things near top everything else in a jumbly mess below

sell everything and buy a landrover

Yup, pretty much this and win... so who wants a lada, a rusty ute, a broken scooter, a functional scooter, a jawa in parts... etc?

Then i can buy that ace diseasle landy of whoever is selling it.

Just giz

Would/can't/need money... stupid fucking money. Go buy me something hilariously awesome as a daily for fuckall and will swaps ya! ;) Don't even think about saying asstina btw :P

Update? What are this "update" you speak of? What do you want to put up your "date"?

lol, Ok... Thanks to the epically marvellous Chrison8 the Lada is back in one piece, drivable, and at my house after mouldering on the driveway of the old flat for months... turns out i wasn't JUST a retard, it was kinda more of a 2 man job fortunately enough Chris is 1.5 men and my .5 made up the balance... the miracle is it only took a couple hours... and started (more or less) right up after months of sitting... I take this as a positive sign.

Just need to procure a couple of correct size/pitch nuts for the diff (It is on... but not as secure as I would like) bolt it back up then give it a good tune... and HOON!

IMG_20130713_131130.jpg

IMG_20130713_123836.jpg

Hipstagram:

IMG_20130713_131348.jpg

Pics of my lawn looking kinda west... but west in a euro kinda way...

IMG_20130713_143019.jpg

Tucked away in it's corner

IMG_20130713_154930.jpg

One million thanks to Chris for the work/motivation/driving, Cam for the trailer borrowation... and Tara, because no doubt chris was supposed to be doing something constructive at home ;p

And it sounds so racecar/rowdy/sexual/like a lada 1500 missing rear muffler and a couple if holes.

Oh and don't forget the diff oil!

I've probably got enough shit lying round to build a tractor spec exhaust for it if you supply the clicky bangy cap bit. Heh.