Triumph2500's MA61 Celica Disscussion

Slacker_Sam.

Ah cheers man. Rust wise It had no lower front radiator support when i got it, it had all rotted away. so I made a new one and welded it in. The wof man was happy with that. other than that it had the trademark rust in the hatch which im currently sorting out. I haven't found any more major rust thank god.

• 1 month later...

I had one of these once, with the 2.8 and it was manual. pretty sweet car, did rust repairs in the sills (end off) and rear corners under the lights. did the modification to the mass air sensor to make it run richer, and it was awesome. Funny story, if yours is like mine was, and has the digital dash, well, car will probably go well past 180kph, but the speedo wont. lols.

Never taken in past 150kph. Interesting to see if my dash will display 200kph. It looked not so good lowered on the 14" Sharak X-1's, mainly because they have balloon spec tyres & they were well inside the rear guards. The sharak's would look nice on a AE86 or a KE70 I reckon.

SO so so sweet

as soon as the digital dash reads 180 its speed cuts hard lol ( well thats what my one does )

mine never did that, though I expected it, it just kept pulling and pulling for aaaaages it was still gaining speed when I backed off, I reckon it hit 181 easily :P ... er .. perhaps alot more. There's alot to be said for that 2.8 motor, it's got some real power even when it's old and a bit tired its still pretty powerful.

• 1 month later...
where ur radio is, what is that other thing in the din slot, like a lap timer?

i still cant get over how mint ur one is

Its a trip computer, it talks, it says "your low on gasoline, your lights are on & your door is open" But it talks in japanese.....& yes its a chicks voice. It also tells me how much fuel is left in the tank, how far 1 tank can get me & it has a clock :D Pretty fucking good for 1981!!